Back to heartsupport

NateTriesAgain Safety Plan

HeartSupport Safety Plan

This is my 7-step plan to keep me safe in difficult moments I face. I’ve thought through these steps in advance to make it easier for myself to get help when I need it.

STEP 1 - Warning Signs

Signs that a crisis may be developing (thoughts, images, mood, situation, behavior).

• Sign 1 - feeling overwhelmed
  • Sign 2 - feeling unsure – how or what to produce
  • Sign 3 - feeling like a failure

STEP 2 - Internal Coping Strategies

Things I can do to take my mind off problems without contacting another person (relaxation technique, physical activity, etc.)

• Strategy 1 - JOURNALING: writing out my thoughts and feelings (anxieties, frustrations, etc); once it’s out on paper, it’s much easier to move through the emotions, identify truths, and recenter
  • Strategy 2 - DRUMMING: helps get the stress out, move into my body, and get me out of a funk/being stuck
  • Strategy 3 - GOING FOR A WALK: a bit of a mix of journaling and drumming plus prayer

STEP 3 - Worth Living For

Things that are most important to me and worth living for (these can be big or small, anything from loved ones to your morning coffee)

• Live For 1 - TAYLOR: my wife, her love and support, our story and family
  • Live For 2 - ELLIE, EPHRAIM, EZRA: my kids, their laugh and smile, our joy
  • Live For 3 - PEOPLE I SERVE AT HS: my passion, mission, and purpose for my pain
  • Live For 4 - FRIENDS: laughing and fighting for better lives together
  • Live For 5 - EXTENDED FAM: beacon of hope, love, responsibility

STEP 4 - Supporters

People whom I can ASK FOR HELP (friends or family who you can call at anytime for support)

• Supporter 1 - Tim
  • Supporter 2 - Josh
  • Supporter 3 - Jared

STEP 5 - Professional Help

Professionals or agencies I can contact in a crisis

• Name & Number of Clinician - Steven Ramage @ BetterHelp
  • Name & Number of Local Urgent Care Services - St. David’s CareNow Urgent Care @ 2800 S IH 35 Frontage Rd #400, Round Rock, TX 78681
  • Preferred Crisis Service - Crisis Textline @ text HOME to 741741

STEP 6 - Safe Environment

Things I can do to make the environment safe

• Safety 1 - go somewhere others are
  • Safety 2 - go somewhere without tech

STEP 7 - My Signature

By inputting my forum username below, I am committing to utilizing this safety plan in my next high intensity moment when I need support.

@NateTriesAgain

12 Likes

dude Nate this is sooo Rad!! you have made a plan and sometimes thats the hardest part!! stick with it and things will change…

good luck my friend I hope the best for all your circumstances!

2 Likes

@NateTriesAgain

Keep it up!