Need advice on relationship

Hey guys, my bf and I recently broke up. It’s been a month and I’ve tried to move on and yes this may not be enough time to do so but I keep feeling like I’m losing someone who’s really special and someone who I loved a lot and I’m not sure I what to do.

To give the context, we initially started out as friends who met in school and we started talking a lot more often via text and our feelings for each other grew over time. We eventually confessed to each other and started dating. We loved each other a lottt and couldn’t imagine a world without the other in it.
My brain also says that we’re still pretty young so this could’ve been an exaggeration but the moments that I’m away from him feel like agony.
There was a time where I had to do something that I usually wouldn’t do since it kinda goes against my values, but I did because I thought I had to to keep our relationship going, or at least it was the only way we got some more us time.
I’ve been thinking abt this lately and I’m not sure how I feel abt it coz it’s not something I would normally do and I’m basically traumatised by the subsequent events that occurred.
But he was the one person who I felt like I could tell him anything and he listened. He understood me like no other. Whenever we spent time together it felt really great.
But then again I feel like he’s very much the opposite of me in some ways and it surprises me that I fell for him lmao.
We’d also have to do long distance from next year or in the next few months because I have to move away for college.
Anyway, in these last two months I’ve had my boards since I’m in my senior year of high school, and we both spoke abt it, abt how I’ve been busy and so has he and that we’ll just wait till my exams are over and then things will be fine, he clearly even said this, that he’ll wait coz he thinks I’m worth it.
And the next day he says he wants to talk, we discuss how we felt like we’ve been growing apart, we haven’t been talking as much, and that we both feel like our connection is weakening, as much as we don’t like it. And we decided to break up.
I spent the next 24 hours thinking if that was a good idea and came to the conclusion that it was not. It happened coz I was clearly busy with exams and it would most probably work out after they end. But when I asked him to think abt it he said that he doesn’t feel like it will work out because we haven’t been together long enough to survive long distance. I get that, but I said we could have the time now in the next few months to change that. He didn’t really seem to agree. We discussed a few other points, and he said if I’d like we can talk abt it after my boards got over.
Well once they did I decided to not contact him for a month or so to see if I can move on. I was doing pretty well actually till yesterday somehow. My heart started yearning for him again and I’m not sure if I want to contact him and talk to him abt it again.
Honestly, I do want this to last forever if possible, but I’m not sure my parents would allow it lmao, and I’m the type of person who would in the end listen to them, so idk the long term viability of the relationship either.
Then again I love the way he makes me feel and I love how he loves me, but honestly I’m beginning to doubt if he’s completely lost feelings for me. But I really don’t know for sure, a part of me doesn’t wanna believe that just because he’s said how precious I am to him and how lucky he is to have me and all that.

What should I do I’m so torn :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

My advice would be don’t let regret come back and bite you. If you really like this guy and you’re willing to work things out why not do so? At the end of the day we’re all a work in progress. I would also add that boundaries are essential.

1 Like

Hey my friend - in terms of advice - that’s hard. But I can ramble a bit about my experience and maybe parts of that resonate with you. heartsupport — Mozilla Firefox - Need advice on relationship - HeartSupport / Support - heartsupport — Mozilla Firefox - 29 May 2024 | Loom

1 Like