Need Help/Advice With Something That Might Be Social Anxiety

Why do I feel extremely overwhelmed or feel like passing out when I’m in public/around people my age.
I was sweating and felt heat even tough it was cold. I felt dizzy and felt like falling to the ground.

2 Likes

First of welcome to the forums!!!

That my friend is a panic attack, it can happen from time to time, you feel unsure and overwhelmed and so stress you feel like fainting, while I cannot diagnose you may I ask what you are going through so I can give you advice in avoiding an anxiety attack?

I know panic attacks but this happens every time and also I dont understand the last part? my English isn’t very good

Hey @Jeff_Winger08 and welcome to the community (both discord and the support wall)! Thank you so much for posting! I am sure you’re not the only one who feels this way. I know I certainly have in situations. I remember vividly when I had recently just moved across the country, so I was in a very unfamiliar space but I needed to go shopping for some groceries. I went to the local Walmart but it was much bigger than I was use to and very unfamiliar. I could feel my chest tightening up and was having trouble breathing. All of my breaths were short and I was gripping onto my husband’s shirt very tightly. My eyes were racing around and it felt like I was having a panic attack just from being in the store. It sounds like social anxiety, as I said in the discord. Here’s an article if you were curious and wanted to read up on it. It’s good to talk to a professional if you can and assess this as soon as possible. Keeping a journal and keeping track of these feelings can help identify the stressors that are causing you to feel extremely overwhelmed.

I hope this helps, hold fast!

1 Like

Thank you, I will read the article. but this isn’t a new place.

1 Like

I’m simply saying I cannot say if you do or do not have social anxiety but I can do my best in helping you avoid a bad time like that! If you want speak in your own language and I use Google translate.

It’s all situational and will vary for people. My social anxiety isn’t going to be exactly the same as yours. Different factors effect people differently. Which is why I recommend keeping a journal and track what is happening when you feel it coming on.

1 Like

No, thats fine. Thank you.

1 Like

Ok, Thank you I will try

1 Like

Alright, but anyways, lll give you a list of how I deal with anxiety and panic attacks

• much like what @legendofamaya said keep track of what gets you anxious, it helps gives you a good idea what gives you anxiety or not.

• when feeling you are going to have an anxiety attack, find something that makes you happy and comfortable

• Breathing exercises, I cannot stress enough about how helpful this is! Deep breathing will help you calm down and relax your brain before reaching the peak of an anxiety attack

• meditation, it can help avoid panic attacks so sitting in a silent secluded place and do deep breathing and focusing on yourself and your thoughts can help.

• have someone to talk to, have a willing friend or loved one talk to you and help you through when having a panic attack, sometimes the people close to you can help you get out of a bad time.

I hope this helps! I have panic attacks too and I can understand how much it’s sucks so yeah, that’s my advice!

2 Likes

Thank you, I will write these down and do what you said.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.