Need help growing

So Im not suicidal or anything just feel like Ive lost my faith and just the other night I had the worst anxiety attack. Im a metal drummer, i have actually started a christian metal band recently and are trying to start writing music. Ive had a lot happen in past and sometimes memories come back to me with heart surgery, my 3rd one was in 2013 in april which on the 15th marked my 7 year anniversary. But i need help on passages to read in bible and just need help understanding him more

1 Like

Hey @Bradystudios22!

I feel this. I struggle with anxiety and it can definitely be overwhelming.

I recommend reading Psalm 91. I used to read this before bed every night because I had such bad night terrors. This is Psalm 91: 4-5

“He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.”

I also recommend reading the story of Elijah in 1 Kings. Specifically I would read 1 Kings 19. It’s right after Elijah had won against the prophets of Baal on Mount Caramel (1 Kings 18). It’s interesting because Elijah had just won this incredible feat and yet he runs for his life from one woman named Jezebel. He actually prays to the Lord that he may die and falls into what looks like a deep depression. The Lord’s response is to provide for Elijah as he always does. I’ll let you enjoy the rest of the story.

Hope this helps!

Hold Fast, SJ

P.S- Here’s a song I wrote and recorded based off this story. Maybe it will encourage you.

1 Like