Need help with alcoholism

I saw this site on a Kitboga stream yesterday on Twitch. I am 45, single father of 2 and need help to get in a detox so bad. I need help.

1 Like

In which state do you live?

Joe

I live in central Ohio…a suburb east of Columbus

I have no experience with this, but I wanted to say how strong you are to recognize you need to make a change and need help. You should be proud. Sending you strength.

1 Like

Hi Zantigo

Welcome to HeartSupport. Is there maybe some resources in local AA meet ups that could direct you to some available rehab and detox centers that you could maybe check out? Or maybe some programs that could help you and your family? Especially for those who are parents?

When I was younger my mother battled with alcoholism. She was in a program that provided housing for single parents that was near a rehab facility. Instead of inpatient it was outpatient. Allowing parents to stay with their children but still be nearby the program.

Maybe there is something like this for you!

I hope that you are able to find something that works for you. But know that here you are important and valued! So please know you are always welcome to share what you are going through and we will try to encourage you the best we can!

Stay strong my friend

• Kitty

Hi - I’m also new here from Kit’s stream.

Here’s a link to AA meetings in central Ohio https://aacentralohio.org/meetings/

Get yourself to a meeting - you’re in my prayers.

2 Likes

Wow! That was kind of you to do for them. Thanks @nameredacted!

Hang in there! You can do it. Spend as much time with your kids as you can. Have you tried AA at any point? It can be a challenge to get started but well worth it. Give these folks a call:
Central OH Group Fellowship (614) 253-8501 or [email protected] They can either help you or point you in a direction where you can get some help. I really want you to get the help you need and deserve. You are important to so many people. You are loved. Be good my friend.
joefor88
aacentralohio.org