Need some inspiration

It’s been a while since I’ve felt “inspired” to do something. Things motivate me all the time, but it’s not the same. I’m “motivated” to go to work and pay bills and etc., but my heart’s not in it. I’ve had a hard time feeling passionate about things lately. I want to set goals for myself, but I find it hard to determine what to strive towards. I’ve spent a lot of time reminiscing and thinking back on how simple things used to be when I was younger. Have things really become that much more difficult or does it just seem that way because I lack the enthusiasm that I once had?

It just feels like everything would be so much easier if I could find something that inspired me. A light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. Something tangible that I could envision and set my sights on and feel inspired to accomplish. Anyone else struggle with this?

4 Likes

Hey @NoFoxLeft2Give! Yep, I totally can understand where you are coming from. The fact that you are going through the “routine” of life to just get by is something I am dealing with too. I do struggle with this. It can be hard to find inspiration and motivation from our work if our hearts are not in it. For me, I try to just find the things I appreciate about my mundane jobs such as the people, the pay/benefits, etc. It doesn’t make it all better but it helps. Having a grateful heart goes a long way to a positive outlook.

What kinds of things in life motivate you? You mentioned that you get motivated by many things. What are some of those things? Are they hobbies or career things?

I would be interested in knowing what makes you excited. For example, I get through the mundane days by looking forward to spending time with my wife, or planning a vacation together, or eating a meal out, or even a new video game coming out that I have been looking forward to.

Hopefully some of what I said helps. Just know you are not alone in those thoughts. I would imagine many of us here feel that way, especially when dealing with depression and anxiety. That just amplifies those thoughts.

Enjoy your day my friend and stay strong :slight_smile:

• Geoffrey
2 Likes

I struggle with this so much. I feel so empty on almost a daily basis. I’ve been told for so long that I need to do something with my life and that focusing on “me” isn’t good enough. I’ve been told that if I don’t get a “real job” then I’m not gonna go anywhere. But I’m also told to do what I want to do with my life and to just go for it. So I don’t know which side to listen to. In the end it makes me feel like I’m living two lives. I feel empty in both, but I keep going because I know that it’s the best thing to do. I know how you’re feeling. I’ve been there. Hold fast friend.

2 Likes

Video Response:

2 Likes

@NoFoxLeft2Give

I am in the same boat as you. Trying to find inspiration everyday while doing my daily grind. It takes time to do something we love. Don’t beat yourself up for it. Trying to think good things such as being alive, your life matters, you are capable of doing things that will brighten someone’s day. Give yourself grace, my friend. If you want to share more, this forum is still open. I hope you are doing okay. Thank you for sharing. God bless you.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the support! Some days are easier than others. Just taking it a day at a time. Trying to focus on the little things that I tend to take for granted. I’ve come a long way over the years. It’s been a while since I’ve had to scramble around to find a way to pay bills or ask for monetary help. I know many people still struggle with that. I guess back when that was an issue I was inspired to dig myself out of that situation and that allowed me to get where I am now. Now that I’m here I guess i’m just like “Now what… where do I go from here?” Sure, more money would be nice. I have no desire to own a Lamborghini or live on a yacht or anything, but it would be nice to have a few extra amenities. That’s only temporary though. I’m beginning to think that inspiration is like many things, the harder you search for it the harder it is to find. Perhaps I should back off a bit and see if it finds me. Again, thanks for all of your support.

1 Like

This was inspiring to me. Im at the gym working out an older man came up and asked if could spot him. I said yea. So i spot him, he does a few and when he gets up i see that he is shaking pretty bad. Thats when i realizes that thia guy has Parkinson’s. If that man can spend a day everyday working out. There is no excuse. He inspired me