Need support

I’m having a hard time right now. I had sex for the first time but I didn’t knew that the girl I was with has 3 different types of STD’s also her dad found us having sex and pretty much the whole school knows about it. I’ve been trying to stay positive but I’m thinking about ending everything.

As embarrassing as the scenario is. And the stress that comes along with it. You will look back on it as one of those decisions that wasn’t the best and be able to laugh at the awkwardness. I do that with a lot of my past exploits now that I’m older. It seems like a lot. And horrible and the whole world is shattering around you. Take a deep breath and ride this out. You will be able to handle this. And eventually you will be able to look back upon this rough patch. We are all rooting for you.

1 Like

Thanks. I feel better now but somethings I look back at it and it makes me feel ashamed.

Give it time. Plus there is nothing to be ashamed of. Things happen. It’s ok to learn and grow. That’s how we become better people.

3 Likes

Stay strong, this will pass.
It is ok to make mistakes, we learn and grow from them as we move on.
You mentioned there is a possibility that the girl had or has STDs, If you haven’t already I would recommend getting that checked just to be safe.

I am sorry that it is a lot of feelings to process all at the same time, you know you have support here when you need it, we are here for you.

Stay strong, Much love!

2 Likes

This is an old post but I’ll give a quick update
I’m clean and I when to the doctor and got treatment for my mental illnesses. I was so close to commit suicide but I stop it because I new that it wasn’t the answer. I’m still ashamed because of what I did and I have to sleep with music or otherwise I have nightmares… also I cannot stop thinking about that night and it makes me want to break free and scape from everything but I know that’s not the answer.

1 Like

Hey @CHECHENKO94,

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to know you’re clean and you talked to a doctor about what’s going on. To be sure that you’re safe is really important and you did the right thing.

You’re right, suicide is not the answer. You’re gonna be okay, friend. I guess the fact some people at your school know about what happened didn’t help. There will always be people who’ll jump on the first occasion to make you feel bad. But I can assure you there’s no reason to be ashamed, okay? What happened is now is part of your past and you don’t need to beat yourself up because of that.

You’ll get through this. The nightmares won’t last forever but right now you’ll need to let go of what happened, progressively. There are a few things that could help you: talking about how you feel to someone you trust (or here if you want, that’s absolutely okay); doing activities you enjoy and help you to stay focused on something different; writing down your thoughts regularly, in a notebook for example

I hope the treatment you got helps a bit. If it’s not the case for the moment, try to just give it some time before you feel adjusted to it.
Take care. :heart:

1 Like