Nervous Wreck

Hello everybody. I haven’t been on here in a good minute. I am here today because I am beginning to become a nervous wreck. I know I have talked before about how I start therapy at the end of this month… Well tomorrow is my first day of therapy and I am already beginning to feel nervous. I am feeling nervous because I haven’t talked to anybody professional in like years. I haven’t seen this type of therapist before but I have been to a therapist when I was younger because I was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. Ever since than, I haven’t spoken with anybody professional yet. I am also feeling nervous because what if they don’t listen to me?, What if they can’t help with my anxiety/stress?, What if they think that I am just going crazy and that I don’t need any help?, but overall there are just so many what if questions involved. I just pray and hope that they can and will help me slowly with bettering my mental health and to feel more normal again so I can continue to be happy and healthy and have alot of fun with my son when he gets older. I am just so ready to stop feeling like my body has turned against me in every way, shape or form. This momma is just one nervous wreck and I am trying to stay calm and to not think of it, but it is kind of hard when that appointment is right around the corner and tomorow. I just hope and pray that I can come out of my comfort zone with whatever therapist I have and be able to talk about all the things that have been going on that has been bothering me, stressing me out and keeping me constantly worried about. I just hope and pray that soon enough I will be back to feeling somehat normal again. Thank you to anybody that takes their time out of their schedule to read this or even give feedback!

5 Likes

Hi averagemom21 :slightly_smiling_face:
I know you might feel very anxious about your first therapy session. I was also a bit nervous but trust me the therapist wants you to feel as comfortable around them as possible and they will listen to you. It is their job to understand and help you and they cant do that without listening to you. I am going to post a video here about what to expect from your first therapy session so you know what to expect. Hope it helps. :wink: What to Expect During Your First Therapy Session | Kati Morton - YouTube

2 Likes

Hi, I’m glad you’re going in for therapy tomorrow. You can do this.

They will be able to help you. They will listen because that’s what they do. It will work if you are completely honest and transparent. Tell them EVERYTHING that you think, feel and do and don’t hide any of it.

All you have to do is trust and listen.

You got this!

2 Likes

hi there,

a good thing to remember if that although it’s new to you, it’s not new to them, in their professional capacity. Even though it’s going to be a bit scary to open up, they’ve been trained and have experience, and there’s a good chance that nothing you say is going to shock or surprise them.

I mean this as a form of comfort. It might be scary and unknown to you, but going to a professional means that they get to shoulder some of the stuff and help you make sense of it.

Hope is all goes well. You got this, friend!

1 Like

Hey there @averagemom21,

I just wanted to check in on you today. How are you doing? How was the meeting? (if you want to talk about it, of course :heart:).

This was a big step, and I hope you’re taking care of yourself.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.