New friend?

Yesterday I made a new friend!

I’m 17 but she’s about 5 years younger than me. So far she feels like a little sister. Today I found out that I’m her first online friend. And part of me is kinda glad because she doesn’t have to go through the trauma that I went through when I first started interacting with people online.

I can protect her and give her the same support that I didn’t get unfortunately. I even promised her that she could come to me for advice for whenever she starts highschool.

She’s sweet and we have a few things in common.

Can’t wait to see where this goes :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi Amaris
I am glad you have found a friend. I hope it all goes well. I understand that you might feel like an older sister to her and that you want to help her but dont push yourself too hard ok. You have a lot on your plate too. I hope the best for the two of you and i hope you will be great friends :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey @Amaris,

It’s amazing to hear that you’ve connected with a new friend! Always exciting to get to know someone knew, who they are, their story, what they like. I hope this is going to be for you the beginning of a beautiful friendship. As @Ashwell said so very well though, make sure to maintain your own boundaries too and to take care of yourself. It’s never selfish to do so. It’s actually quite the opposite. You have such a beautiful heart, which also needs to be protected. :hrtlegolove: :wink:

All the good things to you both from now on! And in case you haven’t heard this today, you are so very loved. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

hi amaris!

that’s awesome that you found a new friend and little sister figure to mentor as you would have wanted when you were her age. wishing you both the best of memories ahead as y’all support one another in this new friendship!

love,
twix

Hey, Amaris! I’m glad you found a new friend. I would like to echo Ashwell’s advice of not pushing too hard. I know you want to be there to support this friend but please remember that she is her own person. She is not a younger version of you and you should not use her to try and correct what happened to you in the past. Support her for sure but keep in mind that she is 100% an individual with an individual perspective and life separate from your own. I hope your friendship continues to grow and strengthen. Good luck :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hey Friend, I am really pleased that you have found a new friend, you sound happy and excited to have met someone new, different and ready to venture down new paths of a friendship. I do want to mention however Amaris that I really do want you to be aware that, that is a huge difference in age and its lovely that you think of her as a little sister but sometime when someone is that young it can be awkward and seen as something it isn’t so it would be really good if firstly if she hasn’t already for her to let her parents know all about you and secondly for you just to be aware of how people see things these days, no one wants you to get upset or hurt by anything. All in all I hope this uplift in your mood remains and life continues to improve. Much Love Lisa. x

2 Likes

Hi Amaris,

I’m really happy that you found a new friend and I hope that this friendship keeps getting better. There is a difference in age but if you’re both careful, I think that you’ll be fine. I once again hope that this keeps making you a better person and I hope to hear from you soon :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.