New way of living/ is it okay to like someone new already?

As everybody is aware, the new “normal” is quite shocking and overwhelming to say the least…however, despite all of this, I’ve been falling for a girl. At first I felt a little guilty about it because I’m still in the complete process of getting over my ex from almost a month ago. Another challenge is that this new girl used to only like girls but claims she likes me. I’m not sure how long she will stay interested and if this is something I can handle moving deeper into potentially a relationship. I’m keeping a safe distance and going slow to see where it develops. Overall, I’m doing better but still am feeling a little confused on how to process everything that is happening in my life. I’m doing my best to stay active and productive.

3 Likes

It sounds like you are doing what’s right for you so far. It is up to you if you’re ready for a new relationship. I wish I had more advice to give, but as long as you establish healthy boundaries you should do alright.

3 Likes

This is a crazy time, so it’s normal that you are feeling a little overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. Something that I always try to remind people is that everyone is different and the way people move on from past relationships is different as well. It is definitely okay to like someone new already! Whatever you are feeling is okay! That being said, it’s also okay to take things slow and get to know this person before you jump into anything!

It’s also great that you are trying to stay active and productive! Now is such a great time to get some things done that you normally don’t have time for!

4 Likes

Hi! honestly i can totally say that i’ve been in your shoes, a lot of deep connected emotions happen in relationships and sometimes it’s hard to let them go, but it’s not a bad thing to feel something for someone else! moving on isn’t going to happen overnight and there are going to be days when it’s out of your head and then others when it’s the only thing you can think of. i think that overall you are on the right path for you and that is definitely something to celebrate!!

4 Likes

@Tyler777

Take it easy on yourself. You are in the process of healing. You will get better. Celebrate that you like this new girl in your life. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes