Nightmares (cw mentions of fictional death and violence)

I been up since 11 pm of the previous night I slept 4 hours and had a nightmare I was in the middle of a active shooter situation at school and every time someone got shot it was a mix between like a star wars blaster bolt hit and a actual gun shot i remember the man cackling and howling as he fired and I remember trying to help people who were dying and just all the blood All the fucking blood and I’m just so fucking tired of the death around me

4 Likes

I am sorry Derpplup you have such terrible and vivid nightmares. One thing I can recomend is guided sleep meditations. Maybe those can help you get rid or at least partialy get rid of those nightmares. I will send a link to one video that might help :wink: Deep Sleep Meditation to Calm an Overactive Mind | Reduce Anxiety and Worry | Mindful Movement - YouTube

2 Likes

Well the thing is is that I don’t remember my dreams 99% of the time

2 Likes

That is nothing unusual. Me neither :slightly_smiling_face:. But when something scares you like a nightmare then it will stick with you for a while because of the experience.

1 Like

Oh @Derpplup, I’m so sorry that you had this nightmare. Before taking antidepressants, I would never remember my dreams. Now it’s always the chaos as you describe! Things very intense, full of fear, stress… nothing that would make someone feel rested once they wake up.

For what it’s worth, I find it pretty helpful to really avoid the news and movies/TV series or podcasts that display violence of any kind, at least during the evening. It’s tough sometimes since there is so much violence pictured everywhere. Though making sure to reconnect our mind with things that are simple, peaceful and soothing before bedtime is never wasted!

I hope your nights will be a lot more restorative for you in times to come. Hold Fast. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hi Derpplup hey friend, gosh that sounds just horrid, that must have been frightening to wake up remembering im sorry that happened. When we have these vivid dreams we tend to try to analyse why we have them or what they mean don’t we? I tend to think it’s a combination of every single thing in life that our eyes ears and brain encounters in any period of time and either comes on in one big anxiety ridden dream or a beautiful one, this one sounds awful and however brave a person you are and I love my scary films its very different when you feel like you are involved in a scene isn’t it? One positive moment of course is when you have that sigh of relief when you finally realise that it is indeed a dream and you are not in the hell that you thought you were. I hope after a time and a few deep breaths {maybe a cup of tea} you were able to get back to sleep. Take care friend. Much Love Lisa. x

1 Like

Hey @Derpplup Sorry you had such a violent nightmare, if you’re in the USA you’ve probably been influenced by the current events. You’re such a sensitive person, I can understand why you’ve had a nightmare about it. Remember that this isn’t your reality however, and you are safe. ~Mystrose

2 Likes

Hey again, Derpplup! Dreams are crazy and nightmares can be really scary for sure. I’m sorry you barely remember your dreams but this one stuck with you. That’s just no fun at all. But since you rarely remember your dreams at least you shouldn’t be too worried about it happening again? That may be something to hang on to that can help you get back to sleep.

Did you watch or read something about a school shooting before bed that night? Sometimes what we do or think before bed affects our dreams. Try laughing before bed. Watching something funny or reading a light-hearted book. Maybe it can help

I hope you are to get some sleep soon :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hi Derpplup,

I’m so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. Did you think or worry about a school shooting before you slept? Try to clear your thoughts before you sleep, I know it’s easier said than done :pensive: Try to avoid the things that remind you of things related to what you’re dreaming about. Our brains can work against us for sure. I hope things will get better for you soon :hrtlovefist: :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.