No one cares about my music

As I was playing my guitar today to my song I have written. I miss playing in a band, even most bands I was in I never belong really. Honestly in the metal scene, which suck cuase really love the music and meaning behind the songs.

As music I love checking out local bands listening to thier music and getting thier merch. But none them would do the same to me (even thou my music suck) it bummer I would spend my hard earn money and but they won’t even check my music.

I feel like I’m constantly judge cuase I don’t listen exact same music in a lot scene, don’t wear short shorts, don’t have tattoos , no peice, cool clothes, or don’t know how talk to people.

Also I have my songs on Spotify which awesome I get have my music out, even thou no one gives a shit really ( expect my close friends and my supportive parents) I only had 22 listeners and one person from Mexico( do thank that person) while bands get a thousand listeners from 90 countries. It so disheartening and feel I’m wasting my money which safe for more important stuff.

I’m grateful for some people actually listen to my music , especially my friend that move down to Tennessee, it mean a lot actually really like my music. I wish more would be like him.

1 Like

I don’t have any of those spotify apps or Facebook or anything like that because of all the negative stuff people have to say do a lot of YouTube and I like all music from southern gospel to heavy metal would like to check out your jams

2 Likes

Hey friend,

When you’re an artist or a creator and wants to be seen, it’s indeed a long and draining work just to share what you do, receive feedback and gain more visibility. It really is a work in itself and I understand your disappointment when the results are not meeting your expectations. But I really, really want to encourage you to keep doing what you love and enjoy it for yourself first and foremost. With time, people will naturally gravitate around your own creations, especially if you’re really passionate about what you’re doing. It’s a part of you, of your own world, and there’s always something magical when we meet and learn to know someone else’s world. It doesn’t have to be like others, just uniquely yours. The very fact that you dare to share what you create is a gift, and I’m really grateful to you for doing it.

I echo Dani: if you want to share your music on this thread or Discord, feel free to do it. I’d love to listen to it as well. Not because you’re second guessing yourself right now, but because it’s an opportunity to learn to know you a little more! :heart:

Hey @Metalskater1990,

From one musician to another, I feel like I can speak into this. The biggest pitfall for any musician is to compare ourselves to someone else. It doesn’t matter how big you get, you’ll always be falling into the trap of comparison unless you train yourself to stop looking at other people’s numbers and focus on how to grow your own fan base. Even A-list celebrities have admitted that they compare themselves to other celebrities who have a larger Spotify base than them. Comparison won’t magically leave the larger your base gets; if anything, it’ll only get worse because the higher you fly, the more potential you have at falling really far. It’s why some celebrities purposely put themselves back in the news by doing something stupid so they can be “relevant” again to stop the free-fall from stardom.

All-in-all, keep being grateful for the people who listen to your music. The more you cherish them (and those to come in the future), the more fulfilling you’ll find your music-making to be.

Cheers!
-Eric

P.S. Give me your artist name so I can check you out :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you wish my solo project called bittersweet memory my songs are on YouTube songs called solitude, redemption and bittersweet. Thank you for reaching out.

Thank you for advice!!

It sounds like you’re doing the best you can, and that’s what matters. What future listeners will be attracted to (other than your music, of course!) is your perseverance and passion for the craft, and I see those things in you. You can do this, and I’ll be sure to check out your stuff!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.