No point in living

I really want to die, I've had some close calls recently. The only thing that stopped me was my friend who is also suicidal and I know I had to be there for her. But she doesnt really need me to help her anymore, so now I've got no point in living anymore. I don't know what to do now that I seriously cannot think of a single reason to not kill myself

Im sorry you’re feeling this way. I also suffer with suicidal thoughts and I know how hard it can be to find anything worth living for. Sometimes all thats kept me going is this community and if that’s what it takes to keep you going that’s ok too.

Hold fast
Kayla

3 Likes

Hey @DMM146,

Similar to what @Kayla said, the HeartSupport community has also been one of the only things that kept me alive when I going through a really, really rough time and I didn’t want to live anymore. Please don’t give up. We’re here for you, and we want to support and help you find reasons to keep living. Hold fast friend.

Sincerely,
Alex

2 Likes

Hey,

I felt the same way back in January - in fact I made an attempt. Obviously I failed and I can sit here today typing this and say that I am so grateful that I did fail! Not because my life has changed so drastically and is now crazy magnificent, many days are still a fight to keep moving forward. But I always try to remind myself and even on the darkest days, I am here for a reason… I may have no idea what it is sometimes but I am still here so there is still something happening for and through me.
My heart breaks for you because I can definitely imagine exactly how you are feeling.
Know that you are so loved!!! I may not know you personally but I know I would not like to live in a world without you.
I am always here for you - anytime you need. Keep pushing forward and fighting - it may not be easy but I can say that it is worth it!

2 Likes

@DMM146, i’ve been there. Find a reason, whether it’s a hobby or just seeing the sunset every day. We love you. We’re here. Don’t give up, take strength from us and hold on to hope. It won’t always be like this.
We are here. You are loved. You are strong, and beautiful.

Stay strong <3
Stephanie

2 Likes

i’ve was there for so long. i know it’s hard to find reasons to stay but i’m going to try my best to find you one, i hope you can try too. the happy memories, the people who support you here, God, me. i know the last one sounds kind of dumb. you don’t know me, but when i was like that, it was easier to find a person to stay for rather than something for you. please, i want you to stay. i know how hard it is, just look for the small things in life that are good. there is a point in living, you just have to look a little harder sometimes to find it. i promise

2 Likes

Hey @DMM146,

Please know you’re not alone in this. Everyone in this community is here for you and wants to see you find hope. Keep holding on.

This video/spoken word has really helped me when suicidal thoughts overwhelm me.

Hold Fast,
-SJ

2 Likes

Hey @DMM146,

I’m so sorry to hear about the demons you’re currently battling. Regarding the quote above, here are a few reasons:

• We care for you and we would hate to see anything happen to you
  • You have friends and family who love you and want to see you beat this
  • Eliminating yourself would inflict pain on so many people for the rest of their lives
  • Things will always get better and giving up will just remove the possibility of it getting better even just tomorrow
  • You have dreams and aspirations deep down that are waiting for you
  • You can inspire and help so many people from your testimony

Those are just the things off the top of my head. Hold fast. We believe in you.

-Eric

1 Like