Not sure which path to take

I am currently at a 4 year college, honestly somewhere I never thought I’d be. This is not what I imagined for myself, and yet here I am 2 years in and in a ridiculous amount of debt. This is not what I want to do. But the problem is that I don’t know what to do or who to turn to. My parents have never offered me much support. I am looking into audio engineering, but it is offered so few places near me. The biggest issue would be getting there… I have a neurological disorder that causes me to occasionally have violent seizures, so I am not able to drive. I feel so stuck and hopeless about the future. I am putting myself further into debt for something I don’t want to do. My plan as of now is to finish off my associates and try to find something… But I feel so unforgivably stuck.

Hi @diz,

Thank you for sharing with us.

Is there a guidance counselor or student services available where you are studying or near your home? They normally have all the necessary information to know about what exists and what you could do where you live concerning different topics (studies, jobs, social support, student loan, housing …). Maybe see also if there are legal services near you. It may be worth going there. It’s rarely free but sometimes it is.

Even if you have a neurological disorder, there are always possibilities for you. This is not a dead end.
This will be okay. :two_hearts:

Yes that is smart finishing your 2 year then taking some time back in the real world and work for some time and figure out what you really want to do without digging the debt whole bigger. I made the mistake of going to college 2x and in debt I owe the government a small house, no education is worth a house something that makes you money.
once people realize that colleges are a business and they don’t care about you and that they only want your money people will be better off and have less debt. you are super smart for realizing this early on before they can take more money from you for something you may or may nor use in the future.
things may look dark now and you may be confused but once I left college and got back to the real world and not a fair-tale land things rely shifted into perspective and I know im better off not finishing my schooling. your honestly at a good place in life this is a big decision I wish I would have made at year 2 I would have saved thousands walking away at year 2 and not year 5 or 6. your strong hang in there.