Nothing has improved

(Idk what happened to my account I changed my name to Doritos123 for a bit but couldn’t log in again anyway yes it’s person 355) so well my situation rn is I had a relapse into my eating disorder and am now trying really hard to get back on track. Now for the harder bit… Nothing with my dad has changed he still tries to control everyone and my mum keeps saying if anything else happens we will leave but it never happens. I’m not helping tbh I just can’t bring myself to speak to him because it scared and I hate him and I’m sick of his selfishness. My sister does sports and he said he wouldn’t go and that it was a waste of time yet he asked for money so he can go and get drunk instead.i can’t take much more I almost fainted due to stress the other day I’m scared my depression will return and my anxiety has worsened. I just don’t know what to do…

I’m sorry that you are having a rough time at home. I recently relapsed with self harm and I’m struggling to come back up from that. You’re not alone. If it’s possible try to speak to your mother or sister - it sounds like your father is affecting the whole family. I also think if it’s possible that seeing a therapist could really benefit you. Just a few things to challenge you a little. You can get through this. You’re strong. We believe in you.

Hold fast
Kayla

2 Likes

@Person355
Friend I am so sorry this is not fun at all. I am so sorry your situation has yet to change it really is not fun when that happens. I am not sure what age you are but let me say this if you are in an unsafe place please consider seeking help from those around you that can get you to a safe place. I know you have spoken to your mom but it sounds like she is even unsure how to get out. She can get a lot of help to get out of there. I feel the sick of selfishness honestly but sadly we cant fix others they need to want to change. I am not sure if you have read or heard of dwarf planet yet but it is a book on depression they also have free copies if you cant afford one please let us know we will get you one. I know that stuff like anxiety and stuff sucks put seriously be sure to consider joining the discord and other things finding a community is so helpful.

Hold fast,
Ash

2 Likes

Hey friend,

First off I am so so glad to see you here, I have missed your presence.

What I want to say is man I really get a lot of these feelings.

When my dad was very sick he was so easily angered and it was hard- my mother even talked about leaving very openly with my sister and I because it was so bad. You are not alone in this my friend.

I want you to know that you will never be alone and we are always here for you.

Hold fast.

With love,
Lyss (ur old pal Blurryface)

2 Likes

Hey @Person355,

Everyone needed to create a new account upon the redesign of the forums. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m so sorry to hear about the situation with your dad. You’re not alone; unfortunately many, many people have issues with at least one parent. For me, surprisingly, distance slowly healed the chasm between me and my dad. I moved away to college and things got slightly worse for a little bit, but surprisingly, not only did it bounce back, but it skyrocketed into slowly healing the wound. Because of that, I would recommend moving out with friends (whenever you can), and/or going away to college. It’ll be a great breather for you. If you’re not there yet, hold tight. We believe in you!

-Eric

1 Like