Oh finally

I have an Apartment and a job and food. I’m getting involved with my church and people around me and I’m trying to dedicate time every day to each and every person on this website. Even though I felt utterly and completely alone the past few months with no family this community has given a little bit of glimmer that it will get better and it actually is starting to move upward. Two months ago I was sitting with a gun to my head seconds away from blowing my brains out on the floor on my birthday. Now I’m sitting in my own bed, in my own place, with a full belly, clean clothes fresh shower, cut hair, and freshly lit cigarette. It does get better small bit by bit. But I do know it will get worse but at least it’s better now.

7 Likes

I’m very happy you made it through those dark days and that life is looking and feeling more beautiful for you. You have a good heart to want to keep helping others. Most people are uncomfortable with others being in pain or depressed and push them away so they can feel comfortable. You’re very compassionate to see the beauty in your life and still have the strength to sit in the darkness with another person helping them get through. I wish you continous success and happiness

2 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face::tada::confetti_ball: I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. Keep at it and keep being a fantastic human. :black_heart:

2 Likes

This is incredible to read. Thank you for sharing and rock on!

2 Likes

That is amazing ! This post made me feel warm and fuzzy inside and I am so happy you are in a better place :slight_smile: good job my friend ! You rock! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @dampbread,

Thank you for sharing your story! I can’t imagine what you have been through, but what you are currently doing right now and the proactive changes for you and your life is great! Continue to make positive changes that fill your life with purpose, motivation, and support and you will accomplish things beyond what you imagined and fathomed. Continue your success, you got this!

-L

2 Likes