Ongoing self hate - just want to die - self harm

I’ve been off work for a week Cutting and self harming; I barely got out of bed the last few days just staring at the wall.

I’m heading for medical scans in the next few weeks to check out some problems and to be honest I am actually hoping it’s cancer.

I don’t even know what to ask or why I’m
Posting.

2 Likes

Hey friend, I know with work being out and all of the corona craze, that it’s probably really easy to get lost in our thoughts. A lot of time to be spent at home.

Friend why do you feel like you need to hurt yourself? I’m going to leave you a few links to some resources to help with self harm okay? Maybe you could look into them and see if they could be of help to you. I know you must be hurting or struggling in some way if you feel you need to do that, so if you want to talk about it, we are open to you, okay?

Resources:

Calm Harm: Calm Harm is an app that provides tasks to help you resist or manage the urge to self-harm. You can make it private by setting a password, and personalise the app if you so wish. https://calmharm.co.uk/

ReWrite: A book and guide through self harm https://heartsupport.com/resources/#workbook

Self-Harm Hotline: https://www.crisistextline.org/selfharm

You matter. You deserve to be heard. Lets talk.

hugs

• Kitty
2 Likes

@AlwaysAlone

Hey friend, you are not alone, despite what your nickname says. I see you. And I’m sorry you’ve been going through such hardships recently. We’re in this with you. :heart:

I can only echo our sweet friend @anon17277947 here and encourage you as well to use the resources they posted. Self-harm can be a long and intense battle, but it is possible to be free of it. It’s not something that applies only for others. It is also possible for you. There is hope, even if it doesn’t feel like this right now. You’ll get back on your feet. And you’ve been strong enough to come here already. Let’s make it a first step towards some healing and peace.

You know, I don’t want to sound moralizing or make you feel guilty about what you shared, but having a cancer myself I can assure you that it’s something you don’t want to have. I don’t wish you that either. But I understand why it might be tempting to wish that kind of thing sometimes. You’re hurting. You want this pain to end. And I wish you never had to experience it nor the despair you’re expressing right now.

There is a possibility to heal, to get back on your feet. Being away from your work certainly doesn’t help. Those are particular circumstances that can be triggering and make you feel like you’re spiraling. Are there situations or things that are triggering to you? Can you identify some things that happened to be helpful in the past? It could be anything, really. And I’d like to think that, by being here, then you can take some time to reflect on your own journey and, maybe, think about a different strategy. We’re here to support you through this process.

Sending love your way. :heart:

1 Like