Overthinking everything!

Does anyone else think everyone is always worried about them and talking about them behind there back. When I’m at work I’m always looking over my shoulder. Thinking I’m doing something wrong even if I’ve done nothing at all. I work at a big company and am moving to a different location for better hours and money. I feel like when I get there everyone will know something about me and be negative towards me because other people might of told them bad things about me even though I can’t think of any bad things I’ve done. All my thoughts are negative. As soon as I wake up I feel like everyone hates me and is talking bad about me. I think about negative stuff in the past. 99 percent of the thoughts that run through my head are about people thinking negative about me. I always think I’m on everyone’s mind. Can anyone help me out with some advice to deal with this???

Hey Mooseman. Thank you for sharing! The thing that has helped me get over the negative thoughts of people looking down at me is by telling myself that really, no one actually cares or has me on their minds. Really, people are selfish and won’t be thinking about you since you’re just one person out of many in a company since they probably don’t know much about you. The only people that you should focus on is your friends and family. That’s what has kept me from sinking down too low. It’s all about mind over matter.

As for the negative thoughts of the past, I struggle with that from time to time. It can become a hindrance and I remind myself that there is a purpose, reason, or a learning experience behind it, whether that is now being seen or will be seen later as I look back. Don’t worry about your past; the past is the past and all you can do is move forward and become a better person than you were yesterday. Keep positive vibes close to you, I believe in you!

1 Like