Overwhelmed and tired

Hey there,

I am exhausted in every sense of the word. I have struggled with mental health for a long time, but no one knows what is wrong with me. They don’t know if it is depression, bipolar, ADHD, anxiety, a combination of a few, etc. I tried to get off all of my mental health meds to see if it would help clear my head, but my doctor didn’t feel comfortable doing that, so he took me off everything and started a new medication that has caused me to sleep horribly, if at all. So now, I am trying to contact this doctor to get off of the medication or switch something up, but I can’t get a hold of him. I can’t fall apart because I work in mental health and I have to be there for the kids I work for. They deserve so much better and I want to be there for them.

But damn, I am suffering and it seems like no one knows how to help. I know better than to try to kill myself. But I just want life to take it easy on me, for once. I just want to feel normal again…

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sounds like you haven’t had much luck with your dr, have you been able to contact them since or have you been able to contact another dr? I’m worried that you’re just thrown into the deep end of the pool to sink or swim for yourself.
The dangers of not sleeping are as you probably know already are high risk.
I do hope that you can see your or a dr about this. I wish I could give you more answers, but your safety is the most important and right now it seems like you’re trying to hold it together for others when your own mental health is at a low. Is it possible to take some time off and reasses with a new professional? Take time to look after you before you can look after someone else.

hi @eliza712
Oh, I do hope you can get to see another doctor and soon!

It’s a bit surprising that your doctor has sort of disappeared when they’re supposed to be following up to see how this new med is working with you. Has tis been the same doctor you’ve been seeing for a while?

Maybe a new doctor will have some new insight or ideas? It’s a tough position to be in, and I do hope that you can get some relief and answers!!

1 Like

Hi Friend,
I am so sorry that you have struggled for so long with your mental health with no real diagnosis, that must be so frustrating.
I can understand why your doctor was unsure about taking you off of all your med as without a diagnosis its difficult to know how you would respond on nothing however then to give you something new without a follow up appointment is a worry to me.
Those meds should have been given with at a least a 3 week follow up appointment to discuss how things were going, so I would certainly encourage you to make an appointment to see a doctor, if you cant see that one, see another and discuss your concerns, its not right for you to be on something that doesnt suit you, You dont have to sufffer.
Please make and appointment, you deserve better treatment.
Good luck. Much Love Lisa. x

1 Like

I have been able to follow up with my provider and he diecided to put me on Abilify which is a drug used to treat conditions like bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, which I’m pretty positive I don’t have either of those. My mom doesn’t want me to take this one because it’s an antipsychotic and I don’t have psychosis. So, right now I’m not on any meds. I just decided on my own to stop taking them because it was destroying my life. And my sleep is improving slowly and I’ve been taking melatonin. I don’t know what will happen, but maybe I can manage on my own. I have a follow up appointment on August 17th. So, we can reassess then

2 Likes

I’m so glad to heard you can reschedule, I know sometimes in resistant depression they can turn to antipsychotics, but since it seems you haven’t had a clear run on anything suitable I’m glad your mum is there to support you!
Do you feel like you’ve been listened to during your meeting with the dr?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.