Pain and it’s only getting worse

I’ve been depressed for years. Certain events have made it easier/harder to deal with. Recently I have been having a hard time and what was getting me through that hard time was the excitement for change and the future, but now that I’m here I feel even worse. I wake up everyday depressed and do the motions to get to the end of the day. Sleeping at night is something I look forward to now. I feel really hopeless. Everyday I have suicidal thoughts and ideas of self harm on repeat. All I want is to be with someone I cannot be with. I don’t really know what to do anymore. I have a referral for a therapist so I guess that is my next step. Although I live with my closest friends, I feel so alone.

1 Like

Hey there! Im am so sorry you are going through. Just know that you are NOT ALONE.

1 Like

J understand exactly how you feel. Used to be hopeful things would get better but now not so much. The thing is youre still here fighting and surviving. The only thing keeping me here is im not brave enough to do anything that would harm myself. But you’re still battling and thats the most important thing. Try things that take your mind off the things that depress you. Keep yourself busy if you can. Even making it through one day is a victory. Then you string those days together into weeks and then months and then eventually things will get better.

Have you ever considered meds?