Panic atacks over going to a concert

I’m going to a concert tomorrow and I’m realy excited about it but at the same time I’m starting to get anxious about it. I have Tourette’s it’s a neurological disorder and when I go to crowded places like concerts my Tourette’s symptoms resemble epilepsy. I have a friend going with me and Iv already called ahead to let te venue know about it. But as I get closer to it I’m getting these panic atacks about anticipating the Tourette’s episode I’m going to have. I’m not going to let this deter me from going because I don’t want to let this disorder run my life but I’m having a hard time shaking this anxiety.

2 Likes

Hey Loveinflyleaf,

First let me tell you that I’m so glad that you’re here. And that you’ve had the courage and strength to reach out! You are loved, and so amazing, and your life is worth living. We want to walk along side you in life, and you are welcome and wanted here!

To one friendo that struggles with anxiety to the next, my friend it is so tough! But I believe in you! It’s honestly encouraging to me that you are choosing to go to the concert despite these things you have, because I often times let my anxiety deter me from going to things I want to go to, or having conversations I want to have, so you posting this has been a real encouragement to me.

It’s good that you have a friend going with you, and that you have let the venue know the circumstances. You’ve put all the things in place that you need in case it does happen, but my friend try not to focus on that going up to the concert or even during. (I know this is easier said then done). From someone as I said that struggles with anxiety, when I’m focusing on it, or worried about getting anxious, or having a panic attack it normally gets worse.

Unfortunately with anxiety, there really isn’t just a magical fix, but here’s a few things that have really helped me. First, is grounding myself. So pointing out things I can see, hear, touch, feel, taste, smell, while focusing on my breathing. Also, when I find myself getting anxious, I try to journal or go read my bible, as that brings me a lot of comfort and peace, but also just praying! I hope that this concert is a lot of fun, and it all goes well friend!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

1 Like

Thank you for your words of encouragement and saying how you relate. Iv been stuck inside my head with this for a couple of weeks know and getting it out and hearing your perspective and feed back is reassuring

1 Like

Hey friend,

Man that means a lot! That is literally why the support wall is here! We are here to offer encouragement and perspective that sometimes we can’t find within ourselves! Once again you are not alone in this, and I believe in you!

Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

1 Like

Hey @Loveinflyleaf here is my response to your support wall topic. Email me if you’d like the Spiderman drawing I did! I’ll send it to you! Hold Fast!

2 Likes