Panic attacks are back

So last night when i got home , my body started to shiver and after few minutes i couldn’t breath properly heart was pounding very fast , it felt like i was going to pass out. I don’t what exactly triggered this but i feel like it was because yesterday i had smoked weed and after smoking me n my friends were talking about her(my ex). I really wanted to talk someone when i had panic attack but i couldn’t find anyone upon whom i could trust or feel like they will help me anyway. It was a hell of a ride but i knew this was going to be over but even a minute in such situation feels like life time. It is quite hard to manage on own when a person is going through shit and he has no one to listen and help him. i hope i am not going through this again coz i don’t have anyone to help

3 Likes

Hi my friend,
if you need someone, we are here. reach out.
you already have created yourself a safety plan. you are aware of your triggers and emotions.
make use of that. weed can have an huge impact when you are mentally affected. it brings up more, then sometimes we know we have in us. what dwells in us, inside. reach out to a close friend, or family member, talk
about that. that is a step that matters and will do good for you. they will support you and be there for you.
in moments like this, also in your life.
stay strong, because you are. you are loved and you matter.
feel hugged my friend :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I always come back here because i know people here give love and good suggestions unconditionally. I’m trying but sometimes things tend to get out of control. Love this place :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

3 Likes

Panic attacks are scary – as you said so very well, just a minute feels like a lifetime. Time just gets suspended and only matters the right here, right now. I had a couple over the years, and even though I knew rationally that I’d be okay, there was this voice in my mind imagining the worst scenarios. It’s so hard to slow down that rush when in the middle of a panic attack. It all goes very fast.

It may be interesting for you to look after some ways to help yourself during those moments, such as grounding techniques that requires to use your senses and shift your focus. Somehing that helps me personally, is to try to become more aware of the environment around me. During panic, I look around and I try to pick one object/one element, then I describe it out loud with as many details and subtelties as possible. Once it’s done, I choose another one and do the same. It helps to force the mind to focus on something else, and for the body to slow down. To try to take slower breaths helps also a lot of course. Some immediate way to ground yourself can also to sit or lay down on the floor and try to concentrate on the ground that you feel. It gives stability to your entire body, which helps feeling more centered quickly. Being on fetal position can also feel reassuring. If it happens ina public environment, it can help to try to isolate in some restrooms, where it will be more quiet and where you can focus more on your breathing.

It takes time to develop these automatisms, but it’s worth it. It helps knowing there are things you can do to ease the symptoms and ride an attack more quickly.

I hope you managed to rest and are recovering from it. Take care of your body, your heart, your mind. You are loved. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

It is quite scary as we know all , i tried many things to divert my mind and in the end i just started counting numbers on my fingers and it literally helped a lot

1 Like

That is such a cool tip! So glad it was helpful to you. <3

1 Like

hey junaid so glad to hear you were able to give yourself a way to calm down. I’ve been in the situation where I had smoked and felt this heavy anxiety. Weed definitely can affect those sorts of situations. I hope you know you always have us if you ever feel that anxiety and fear arise. look after yourself x

2 Likes