Panic attacks over work mistake!

I made a mistake at work. I learned about it last night from a friend. They said it happened last week at some time. I got so worried and texted 3 people from the same department to ask them about it. They said to not worry about it and they can’t see me getting in trouble. Even though they said that I’ve been having panic attacks. I’m really nervous and scared. I haven’t been able to eat much since then. I’m so worried about what people will think about me and if I’m gonna get in trouble. I can’t sleep. If I make a mistake in life at work it really affects me. I get really upset. I’m just trying to enjoy my life and my children and this is making me wanna curl up in a ball and lay there. All I think about is this mistake. Can anyone help me with some advice? I’m really hurting over here.

1 Like

What was the mistake friend?

2 parts I built failed. Been building these for a while and barley had any problems. I switched to a different shop recently and supposably it happened when I was gone. A friend told me about it last night. I feel horrible. He said he doesnt see me getting in trouble and to not worry about it but Ive sick to my stomach since last night. Barley eating.

Yah need to eat!!!anxiety makes me sick too, don’t worry. Watch a movie or a show that’s really funny and take your mind off of it. If you still feel sick after not being anxious, you probably have a stomach bug.

1 Like

I’m mostly just having panic attacks. When I have anxiety and something bad happens I loose my interest in eating. All I’m thinking about is this mistake. Keep replaying getting told about this mistake in my head and it is killing me inside. I’m the type of person that usually blows everything out of proportion so iduno what to do. I’m in bad shape right now.

1 Like

That happens to me too, but even though you don’t feel like eating you have to tell your own self to shut up. You know what’s best for yourself. So how about you cuddle up in some nice warm pjs, and watch a funny show with some popcorn, and a personal pizza. That’s honestly sounds like heaven rn I’ll join you.

2 Likes

Also for these panic attacks: weed might be a friend. I get anxious before tests and smoking the night before helps me relax and function on the test. And sleep through the night!!!. So if you feel like you need to quiet your brain down. I’d highly recommend it. Though be careful if it’s not legal in your state like it is mine (whoo California)

And if you wanna pursue it , talk to me again and I’ll help give comprehensive no stigma drug education. :smiley: also munchies help with nausea from chemotherapy(which is next level), so it can’t hurt the keeping food down problem ^-^

2 Likes

Hey.mistakes suck. However, people grow from mistakes. And Knowing this, the best way to handle depression panic attacks from the fear of making mistakes is to be in full self-awareness and using the resources available to make the best decisions going forward.The best way to handle future mistakes is to take leadership in your work.

Hey Mooseman,

Thanks for reaching out. Panic attacks are truly one of the worst feelings on the planet. Please remember that making mistakes doesn’t make you a bad person. We all mess up. Having anxiety/panic attacks doesn’t make you a bad person either.

I don’t know if any of these will help you, but when I’m feeling anxious, I try to write out what I’m feeling. I don’t if you are into spiritual things, but I address my thoughts to God specifically, and explain what’s going on, and what I’m afraid of, and that seems to help a lot.

Besides that, exercise is good, especially if it’s vigorous and tiring, while listening to music to give myself something to attach thoughts to other than the thing I’m worried about. Music and exercise are both great. Other distractions that helpful are to drink something hot, like tea.

I also take medications that help control my anxiety. I’m not sure if that is an option for you, but they can certainly be helpful.

Also, like @simplymermaids said, please try to eat, even if it is only a little because it will help you feel better. I know it has been quite a while since you posted, and I really hope things are going better for you.

1 Like