Panic. panic

I’m starting to panic.
My mind wanders off a dangerous path and I just want to stop it.

This cycle, of scenarios that end in my downfall, is starting to spin once again.
I know what I’m supposed to and what I’m not supposed to do, but my thoughts get so convincing.
I see the worst things when I close my eyes and dream of horrible outcomes.

What if I should put an end to this for good?
What if I really do cause more harm than I thought?
What if I’m not worth another try?
What if Drugs is my call?
What if I’m just an addict after all?

My brain spins.
I can’t make it stop.
I guess I’ll ride along and hope sun keeps coming up.

1 Like

Hey @fiji,

Take a deep breath. It’s going to be okay. Thoughts can be really convincing but there is no reason for something wrong to happen right now. I read what you posted on your other message, so I know it’s not the same as being next to you right now, but you are not alone.

Try to focus on what you can see, touch, hear around you. Put some relaxing music on. Sometimes, when thoughts are overwhelming or oppressive, it can be helpful to hold something very cold in your hands in order to ground yourself. Take a shower if you can. Or get a bit of fresh air outside.

You are not “just an addict.” You are so much more. So it may be part of your story, but it’s not defining who you are. But right now it can be difficult for you to think straight. You don’t need to ask yourself all of these questions for the moment. So, let’s get rid of them.

This moment will pass. And you’re going to be okay. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!
I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Hey @fiji,

Thank you for being here. I’m really glad and relieved to know that you’re doing okay. :heart:

1 Like

Remember: Just for today. Today is all you have to get through. When you crawl into bed you’ve crossed the finish line.

1 Like

You’re right. Thank you.

1 Like