This is my 7-step plan to keep me safe in difficult moments I face. I’ve thought through these steps in advance to make it easier for myself to get help when I need it.
Signs that a crisis may be developing (thoughts, images, mood, situation, behavior).
- Sign 1 - Loosing interest in things I usually really enjoy doing
- Sign 2 - Feeling worthless
- Sign 3 - Feeling like I want to disappear
Things I can do to take my mind off problems without contacting another person (relaxation technique, physical activity, etc.)
- Strategy 1 - Listen to music
- Strategy 2 - play with my sensory toys (stress balls, clay, pop it etc.)
- Strategy 3 - Close my eyes and run my hands across sensory wall
Things that are most important to me and worth living for (these can be big or small, anything from loved ones to your morning coffee)
- Live For 1 - My best friend
- Live For 2 - The ability to better myself
- Live For 3 - My siblings
- Live For 4 - My family
- Live For 5 -
People whom I can ASK FOR HELP (friends or family who you can call at anytime for support)
- Supporter 1 - Friend #1 (If he’s available)
- Supporter 2 - Friend #2 (if Friend 1 isn’t available)
- Supporter 3 - A streamer who always has his dms open for people who need support
Professionals or agencies I can contact in a crisis
- Name & Number of Clinician -
- Name & Number of Local Urgent Care Services -
- Preferred Crisis Service (Choose one of the below)
- (Text) Crisis Textline - text HOME to 741741
- (Call) Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- (Text) Trevor Project LGBTQ+ - text START to 678678
- Other (explain) Even tho Heartsupport is not technically considered professional help. U guys have really helped me in other ways through even my hardest, lowest and most vulnerable moments u guys have no idea how much u have actually helped me.
Things I can do to make the environment safe
- Safety 1 - Remove myself from all people till I calm down
- Safety 2 - Take away anything that could potentially hurt myself and others
By inputting my forum username below, I am committing to utilizing this safety plan in my next high intensity moment when I need support.
Note: If my reasoning for this is not ok plz gently lmk and I’ll take it down. Since witnessing my friend having these thoughts (he’s doing better now or at least it seems) It’s made me really think about my own mental health and really focus on it and how bad it can get.