Platform Content #102

Sometimes I get anxious, have panic attacks, get overwhelmed, have triggers that remind me of traumatic experiences in my past. Sometimes I repeat mistakes knowing they are going to give me the same outcome but i justify that “it just is a part of my nature”.
Sometimes I know I need to correct my habits but I enjoy them too much and rely on grace or a “idc” attitude.

Those things tend to grind away at us over time. Our anxiety builds up and becomes too much. Our mental and physical health gets worn out from poor habits. The triggers keep engaging us over and over again, slowly detouring us from where we should be headed.

It’s not easy to talk about these things because society always tells us to “show your good side” or “you’ve gotta be successful, to have a nice car, money, family, faith, political stance, “fame”?

Life is messy and so are we. I’ve struggled with abusing alcohol, depression, stress, anxiety, ptsd and honestly I don’t care who knows it. I’ve also been nominated for 2 Grammys, sold million albums, toured 40+ countries, started a non-profit & opened a gym.

My mental health is more important than any of what society tells me, what makes me … me.

I want to encourage you to share what you struggle with - start learning more about your mental health, how to heal & understand it.

Here’s how:
In the comments write @Heartsupportwall and then write out any of the thoughts that have been weighing you down.
You can talk about anxiety that you’re facing today, even in this very moment, or depression or thoughts of wanting to end your life — whatever it is that you’re facing, becoming aware of it, writing it down, and then receiving encouragement for it has significantly bettered my mental health, and I believe it may help you too.

If you choose to write in the comments, you’ll receive supportive replies from peers who are going through similar things, and we can help one another take the path towards wholeness together.

Comment @Heartsupportwall and share what thoughts you need support for today.

heartsupport
heartsupportvets
houston.mental.health
hsdevtest
hsdevtest2
thehilperts
caseyscreamsback
danmakeshismark

As someone currently struggling with mental health issues, this is really comforting and inspiring coming from one of my favorite vocalists ever. Your band has gotten me through so many tough times in my life, and I couldn’t ever thank you enough. You truly make the world a better place! :love_you_gesture:t2:

Proud of you Jake :heart:

Love ya brotha definately can relate to this heavy! We carry the weight together!!!:pray:t2::muscle:t2::fire::fire::fire:

The King has spoken.

@Influencer love you dude!

Thanks for showing your “human” side. Sometimes, we forget that it’s OK to be uncomfortable; it’s growth physically and mentally. :facepunch:t2::black_heart::metal:t2:

Love this, brother. :heart:

#WonderfulWords love u brother :metal::metal::metal:

Love the genuineness & humility you possess :pray: keep bringing awareness

I fucking love you :clap::fire::raised_hands::heart:

We are trained as a society to not talk problems and go by the “I’m ok response”. You are doing a great thing. Keep going. Working remotely since Covid has been durable but takes its toll on the socializing aspect. I’ve been following you all since the beginning and hope that things get better soon bc I don’t like seeing individuals passions stripped away when it’s out of their control.

As a therapist, I get anxiety too. Validating to hear of similar struggles from artists who I look up to. Going to listen to ABR as I’ve done many times for some calm in weathering the storm. Thank you Jake for your reflections.

As a therapist, I get anxiety too. Validating to hear of similar struggles from artists who I look up to. Going to listen to ABR as I’ve done many times for some calm in weathering the storm. Thank you Jake for your reflections.

@Influencer got them breathe right nose strips on deck. it’s a look and it sends a message. keep moving forward, lil bro. much love.

@Influencer got them breathe right nose strips on deck. it’s a look and it sends a message. keep moving forward, lil bro. much love.

You are the king :muscle:t2::heart::heart::heart:

You are the king :muscle:t2::heart::heart::heart:

I have panic disorder and GAD and would consider myself a high functioning person with anxiety. Yes I have accomplished a lot but mental health is most important. For me I can use accomplishments as an escape from my thoughts. It’s a never ending treadmill so self awareness has helped me a lot as well as love and support from those around me. If you’re reading this you’re not alone in the struggle.

I have panic disorder and GAD and would consider myself a high functioning person with anxiety. Yes I have accomplished a lot but mental health is most important. For me I can use accomplishments as an escape from my thoughts. It’s a never ending treadmill so self awareness has helped me a lot as well as love and support from those around me. If you’re reading this you’re not alone in the struggle.