Platform Content #142

@Heartsupportwall great message Jake, I’ve been a huge fan of you and August burns red for quite awhile now. I also struggle with depression and anxiety. I’ve been through many traumatic experiences in my life and I turned to drugs and alcohol to escape the pain and reality. Today I am almost 1 year sober by the grace of God. Your messages and the songs you guys pump out have helped me through so much!

2 Likes

Congrats on your (almost) year! That’s incredible!
I promise you, it keeps getting better. Sobriety saved my life, with the help of August Burns Red, for sure. :metal:t2:
Keep it up!

Congrats on the 1 year! That’s huge! I’m a recovering addict myself, so I know just how difficult it can be.
You should be super proud of yourself. Keep pushing forward. It’s so difficult, but so worth it.
Depression, anxiety and trauma can seem like it will shackle us for life, but we can fight these things together, and you know first hand through your sobriety just how amazing that freedom can be.

1 year is a huge thing to accomplish! Can’t say enough how happy I am for you. I admire how you acknowledge why you were using. It took me years to figure that out!