Platform Content #196

Thank you so much for posting this. Mental health issues need to be normalized. I truly didn’t know I was suffering from A/D myself until a doctor sat me down, held my hands, and explained everything that I was going through to me. And then it all made sense. I take one day at a time and I realize that I can’t worry about the future. I won’t get into details here, but just know that you are not alone! @Heartsupportwall

1 Like

Those moments are so earth-shattering – that when you walk in, you’re a different person than when you walk out. Some things click, and other things feel heavier, and it feels like there were benefits to not knowing, just living in denial that something is wrong, but then to know yourself you have the ability to be kind, understand why things are hard, and be able to process those feelings through the right lens. It’s a reality where it really does take taking things one day at a time…especially compounded with just the rigors of everyday life. I can’t imagine all you have to hold up, being the sunshine for everyone in your world, and then having to deal with your own darkness on your own…so hard…but like you said, when you take it in chunks, things are more manageable. And, you know, it’s not all bad – when you don’t get sucked into the overwhelm of trying to wrap your mind around the difficulty of this particular thing, it gives you room to see the beauty in your life, the beauty in your family, in the good moments, in the rest – those things aren’t fake or fleeting when you give space for them…it just becomes balance, part of the contrast of life, some light some dark, some easy some difficult, but all worth living for. And while that “gray” perspective is harder to hold onto than the black or white, it seems it is forging in you something that is true, and beautiful.

1 Like