Playing this video game has reminded me how lonely I am

So I’m a video gamer, always am, always will be. The thing is that all i ever, in term of friendship, was video games. It because I never had a stable childhood due to my father being in the military. Because of that, I never had any real life friends, and I had used video games to help fill that void. The thing is, video games are only a stop gap, and are not met to replace real life friendships permanently.

I understand that now, because playing this video game I had gotten yesterday and seeing the kindness, the compassion, the beauty, both outside and within, of the main cast, made me feel incredibly empty and lonely, that my heart ached to be thier friend, that I wanted so desperately for them to be real, but they aren’t, and I realized that I may never see people like them in real life. That I shall never know the warmth and kindness of what a close group of friends are, that I am destined to forever be alone, and die alone, surrounded by coldness and emptiness.

3 Likes

Sorry that because of one situation, you couldnt had friends and I understand you, I play videogames too and there are times that I really wanted to have those friends that videogames showed us but I know that friendship can be more difficult that it show in games but it can be beautiful.

So my advice would be, that try to find people that like videogames like you, online forums and etc, go to videogames conference…

You arent alone and you are loved. Maybe now you wont believe it, but there are people that are awaiting for you to meet them in your live. Dont give up!

And know that you have us here if you need to talk :blush:

Take care :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like