Please help, idk if she’s pregnant or what

So ok… a couple days ago on March 31 me and my girlfriend, we’re doing things but it never got to the point where I was actually inside her. The farthest we went was rubbing against her, and shes very concerned and worried that she might be pregnant, she hasn’t taken the actual pregnancy test but she has done a test that works? Urine in a bottle and if there’s bubbles at the top after a day or two that’s supposed to be positive, her period hasn’t come yet but the bottles results show a negative, she also has periods at different times, I’m 18 and am not ready for either of us to be parents, I’m scared for not only myself but for her too, I don’t want her to go through this, but I have no intentions of leaving her through this process, I love her, and I’m trying to find the opportunity to get her plan b as well as the actual pregnancy test. Any help, thoughts or advice you can offer that would mean a lot
Mist

4 Likes

Depending on how you two were intimate there’s definitely the chance that she could be pregnant, especially if you weren’t wearing protection. Definitely go and get that actual pregnancy test, and discuss with her what you’re both going to do if it turns out she’s actually pregnant. It sounds unlikely but it’s definitely possible. Next time you two do anything along these lines I’d recommend protection to avoid anything like this happening again. Hope you both get it sorted out :slight_smile:
You sound like a great guy, and if this actually turns out to be the case then she’ll need a support system whether she decides to go along with the pregnancy or not.

Hey man, it’s really easy to be scared in this situation. I understand where you’re coming from.

The chances of getting pregnant from outercourse are really really slim, but not impossible. Idk, you can look up stats, but if you ask me now I’d say probably not. Moreover, if it’s only been 3 days, no pregnancy test will pick that up. Period fluctuations are normal, especially when you’re young.

That said, safe is better than sorry if you are really unsure, but Plan B needs to be taken within the first 72 hours, so you need to get it TODAY. Nobody enjoys going to the pharmacy window and asking for it, but the pharmacist doesn’t know who you are and won’t judge you for it. That’s their job. Save your money on the pregnancy test, that wouldn’t pick anything up for a couple weeks anyhow.

Maybe consider getting a box of condoms. The ultra thin ones are pretty good. Even if you’re not planning on going anything more, it’s a good idea to have them on hand just in case. If not, next time you’re in that situation, jump away like she’s on fire when you finish.

Like @DeVille said, kudos to you for committing to be there for her, whatever happens. A lot of guys aren’t that responsible or decent. Supporting her through this may be terrifying, but it shows strength of character and dedication, which will get you far in your relationship and in life. Good luck man.

2 Likes

Thank you both a lot… I’m trying to get everything sorted out and as taken care of as possible, this is just a lot to process, deal with and take in- I’m just terrified because not only do neither of us want to be parents right now but I don’t want her to go through any of the pain a woman can go into from pregnancy, she doesn’t deserve to have her life ruined because of 1 mistake… I just feel terrible about it all- I never fully “finished” and when I was rubbing against her I looked dry so idk if that can help to identify anything??? I’ve been looking into it and the term is “splash pregnancy “ but like I said I was dry and I just don’t know if that means there’s even less of a chance or what… I’m just freaking out at the moment

1 Like

I believe as long as you weren’t wearing a condom then there’s always a chance. But like @SheetMetalHead said, it’s been 3 days and it’s unlikely you guys will get any evidence yet. I’d say wait a little longer and see if she starts her period, but you need to get Plan B today if you were planning on grabbing that for her. The statistics of pregnancy from non-penetrative sex are slim but it does happen, even if you penetrate but don’t ejaculate. It’s totally normal for you to be freaking out, her as well, but I’d keep all options open as you can’t know for sure just yet. I’m not sure of your religious beliefs or personal opinions but if it does turn out she’s pregnant then she has the option of having an abortion, but just remember that if she does do that it can be incredibly emotionally draining and you need to be there for her (but don’t forget to take care of your own mental heath too!). Again, you sound like an awesome person and she sounds lucky to have you, if you need any more help or advice then feel free to reply, it’s not a burden on us at all.

1 Like

I’m really far away from her right now, but I told her to try and go with her sister today and see what she can do, I’ve told her I created a pay pal account and if she needs it she’s more than welcome to it, I had also told her that there is a slim chance but there is a chance she could still get pregnant, (I told her that yesterday) but I’m doing everything I can in my end to get her the plan b as quickly as possible, whenever we try and do something again without a doubt we’ll have condoms so nothing like this happens again, and as for what you mentioned about abortion, I agree that’s an option, we’ve also talked about that, or giving the baby up for adoption (if she’s pregnant and decides to have it) hopefully she can get plan b in time and hopefully we’re both just freaking out without her actually being pregnant, regardless of whatever happens I’ll be there right by her side through it all, I told her that, I’ve reassured her that and I don’t plan on going back on my promise, I’m going to do whatever I can as her friend and boyfriend,
Once again thank you both for reaching out to me about this, if you’d like to respond to this that sounds great and I will keep you up to date on my situation and if I need any more advice/help

2 Likes

Ok so she’s not feeling well today, she just told me she’s spotting again and I think she said she was getting some acne? I don’t know what’s going to happen, she also said her mom set up a doctors appointment for her so ofc me and her are scared-

1 Like

Ok so she’s not feeling well today, she just told me she’s spotting again and I think she said she was getting some acne?

She probably meant spotting as in she lost a bit of blood. Spotting happens often before periods. For some women it happens between two cycles, and sometimes even instead of a cycle. Overall it’s not periods. It’s also not the sign that she wouldn’t be pregnant, as spotting is not uncommon for women during early pregnancy. All of this to say: it’s not significant for anything regarding your situation, and the only way for you and her to know if she’s pregnant will be to get a test, but even better a blood test prescribed by her doctor (accuracy is better).

I hope things will turn the way you both want. Thinking of you, friend. Take some deep breaths. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hey, don’t worry, spotting is totally normal. It usually happens before or in-between periods. Acne happens to people your age (I’ve found I especially get breakouts before periods), and she might be feeling sick because she’s nervous. I’ve heard the best time to take a pregnancy test is a week after unprotected sex, or once a period is missed. Does she keep a schedule?

1 Like

Her schedule is always changing, I’ve been doing my part for her and have been doing some research to try and get some possible answers for both of us, she’s currently in school and I’m in drivers school. But I’m still doing my best to communicate with her right now

1 Like

Her period schedule is always changing? Or do you mean her daily shedule?

Sorry my bad, her period schedule

1 Like

No worries, my dude. Keeping track of it is always helpful, you can usually predict it by writing down the dates. Birth control can also help with it, and it oftentimes makes it shorter as well. If it’s been at least a week since you both were intimate then I think it’s time to snag a pregnancy test for her. You’re doing a good thing here asking for advice, it shows you truly do care. Not enough teenage dudes would care as much as you do.

1 Like

I’ve never been through this before, but I can tell you this:
Your obviously one of the best people to get pregnant by at a young age because you care. I’m not saying it’s a good idea, but your gonna be great parent. Both of you.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response a lot of things have been happening with me but thank you very much, her period did come but we’ll be referring to the test soon, I’ll keep the thread up to date on the situation, thank you all again hopefully you can help me more if I need it soon

2 Likes

Thank you, one day I want to be a dad but I feel like it’s not the best time for me or her, maybe someday though

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.