Please help me with my story

this is my first time posting. i don’t know exactly what to say. but i’m going to try. i hate confrontation and it messes me up. hi. i’m 13. i suffer from anxiety and depression. when i’m faced with a difficult conversation or situation i know i have to address, i shut down. i forget how to function. i’m just trying to find my way. please help me. this world is giving me all the reasons to leave the people who love me, and it’s not giving me any to stay and grow up.

1 Like

Hey there! Im sorry you’re going through this rough situation in your life. As a 27 y/o, I’ve had trouble dealing with conflict/confrontation (still do). I guess it came from childhood trauma due to my parents arguing often throughout my childhood and me not being able to handle it. I tend to shut myself out just to avoid any potential conflict with someone because I HATE the feeling of being anxious and not knowing what to do most of the time except shut down and avoid the people involved.

It seems like you have love ones who care about you very much. I think you should consider getting together with them, and have an open and honest conversation about what’s going on your life and what’s troubling you. I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi, Friend.

I’m sorry that you are having a hard time right now. 13 can certainly be a tough age. It certainly was for me. Confrontation is hard. It doesn’t matter what your age is, it’s something that we as people always seem to really struggle with. So I can understand why you have a hard with it. You are not alone.

Is there a parent, a teacher, a counselor or anyone at all that you can open up to and feel safe with? It’s so important to express how you are feeling and not bottle up. Bottling up will make it so much worse. So don’t be afraid to reach out if you feel you need someone to talk to. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. So many of us have to do it.

It would be heart breaking if something happened to you. So I hope that you are able to find someone who can offer you some guidance, strength, courage and hope.

If you ever want to share more of how you are feeling and what you are going through, just know that we are open to you and you can share here. Okay?

Please stay strong. And don’t be afraid to reach out. You do not have to fight your anxiety or depression alone. Okay?

• Kitty
1 Like