Pray for me

I’m not ok, I’ve been trying my whole life to act tough but I’m not that tough. Right now I feel so empty that I’m caught in a cycle of bad habits that only make me go backwards. I’m full of doubt, fear and uncertainty and I don’t know where my life is going. I visit the forum daily to remind myself that I’m not alone but these days nothing helps, I need to change my life but I’ve been trying to do it since I was a 13 years old kid and now as a 25 years old man every day that goes to waste feels like I’m running out of time and I fear never being able to actually change. If you’re reading thanks, I do this to feel that someone out there cares.
I have so much that I want to do in life but I feel useless and uncapable of achieving my dreams…

1 Like

I will pray for you. I can relate to how your feeling. I’m 28 and have had many jobs that I think will bring happiness and they all seem to hit a dead end. I feel like I’m constantly searching for what I want to do. I was actually going to write about it on heart support but I didn’t know how to put it into words. I just want to let you know that your not alone. I hope that God sends us both answers as to what he wants us to do for him. Keep your head up, and try to look at the positive things you have done through out your life and maybe it will seem like it was for a reason and not a waste.

2 Likes

Hey lg95.

First off, I will absolutely be praying for you, and believing that you can get past this tough time. Know that you are definitely not alone right now, and that it is possible for things to get better!

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything, and know that we’re praying for you!

2 Likes

The fear of change has the power to cripple our want to change. You are not alone in feeling this way. But by you admitting that you want to change, that is a positive desire. Feed on that positivity and let that be your fuel to the fire to nudge you forward. I am a firm believer that God has given everyone a purpose to fulfill here on Earth, because he does not desire for us to remain idle and hope for direction, but to seek Him and help us cultivate our direction. When we feel like we have no direction, we can seek Him for His direction.

Also, one of the best ways to break old habits is to form new ones. The energy we take out of ourselves to try keeping ourselves out of our bad habits can be a lot more exhausting that putting time into something else. Look for opportunities and interests, no matter how small or big they may be, and look around you at things that are open and available to you to learn, grow, seek wisdom, and keep your mind away from those bad habits. Once you develop more of a cycle with new habits, the bad habits will begin to fade away.

Overall friend, the way we view ourselves as being incapable and unqualified, Jesus views us as perfect candidates and full of potential. Your heart knows that you have the capability, the will, the basic skills, and the desire to accomplish what you want, but it is the mind that brings in the thoughts of doubt and fear. However, let your heart be bigger than your mind, and just know that Jesus loves you and your heart exactly the why it is. Cultivating that love for who you are, as you are, can break barriers, break chains, and open up so much to you! I’ll be praying for you friend!

1 Like