Quarantine has got me lonely and stressed

I’ve been out of work a week. I still don’t know if I’ll get paid while my school is closed. This is causing a lot of stress. They told me to wait to apply for unemployment until they know what’s going on with pay. Which was my thought process as well. I have an interview at a grocery store cause I need some form of income. But I’m also concerned about being around so many people with how the virus spreads. I also live alone. I am an introvert. But even this much time by myself is too much. I went to my parents and I could only hang out with them outside. Understandable. I can’t be by people, even my family, like normal, and it’s got me down. I feel like others at least have roommates or family living with them. (Then again, they probably have the opposite problem of having too much time together! Haha) Church has an online service. But it’s not the same. In a time like this people need people. And now we’re all separated. I need people. It makes me so sad. I need to make a point of Skyping friends, but it’s not the same. At times I think screw it. Who cares if I get drunk. I’m all alone and there’s nothing to wake up to the next day if I have too much to drink. No work to go to or anything. Trapped inside (or outside) by my lonesome. It’s only been a week with no end in sight. I don’t know how I’m going to emotionally survive this.

3 Likes

Hey friend,
I hear you. Things are really different right now and we’re all feeling it. Its okay to feel sad, worry, and concerned for the future. All you can do is find things to keep you from dwelling on the sadness and worry. I know that for me, I have to constantly remind myself, that like anything in life, time passes and help is real. Things are really uncertain, but in everything, things work out. You have people who love and care for you. Even if you can’t be in physical proximity, maximize the things that are available with skype, twitch, and watching movies or something over the phone. Some have game nights over the internet with friends, some have contests or play games online with loved ones. Don’t let this current pandemic keep you from feeling the love your family and friends have for you. Also, you are incredibly loved already here and we want to know you. Join the awesome community here with HeartSupport on MWF 10am at twitch.tv/heartsupport. I’ve made some really great friends there personally and I believe that you can too. It helps with the loneliness and sadness that is coming with current situations.

I hear you on the concerns about working in a public place like the grocery store and the uncertainty about your current job being able to keep paying its employees, that’s really hard. I think you are taking really awesome steps to still find work and support yourself financially in this time. Your concerns working in a public place are valid, but there are so many resources available in helping combat sickness. Its scary I know, but if we all band together and support one another, keep up our hygiene, and head warnings of proper sanitation and distancing, I think we will get through this and be better for it.

You are loved, friend. Hang in there and keep letting us know how you are doing. I/we in this community are with you. Hold fast.

3 Likes

Hey friend,

Yea, man everything is so hard right now. I know a lot of us are trying to just survive through it and hang on. Which isn’t always easy when things kind of ceased to exist as we know it in what felt like over night. Crazy how different things are in such a quick amount of time.

But friend, you are not alone. I know it can certainly feel like it right now. Especially with all of the challenges we all face. Losing work. Needing money. Bills have to be paid. But it’s scary out there.

Hey, it’s okay to be worried and scared. It’s okay to struggle with this. But know you aren’t alone in it. Are you on the discord so that you have a place you can hang out with us? https://discord.gg/YjtEuA I have found that hanging out and talking with the community has been really helpful through this. Especially late at night when emotions can run high.

Friend, I’m sorry you’re having a hard time right now. And I know I can’t really fix everything for you, but I/we can be a friend and offer you support . I hope that you will join us or continue to hang with us and just embrace the family community we have. We all can get through this together.

hugs

3 Likes

yeah it’s so brutal…I heard a message say, “It’s really important to take care of your heart and soul during this time because by the time you realize that you’re really struggling, you aren’t going to be able to just up and go and solve it in the way that you used to. It’s going to require more from you to care for your heart now”…and that hit me big because I normally just coop up until I explode…it’s stretching me to learn how to care for my heart more on a daily basis.

2 Likes

I want to think that we can all make the best of this quarantine situation. As an opportunity to reconnect to ourselves and set healthier boundaries. It’s scary to change our habits, to face physical loneliness, even temporarily. But it doesn’t mean you’d have to suffer of these changes. It’s a transition, for sure. Like every transition we need time to adapt. But I believe in you and your capacity to treat yourself with compassion. Throw alcohol away, you don’t need it, friend. Love.

1 Like

I know the feeling. I’ve been trapped at home since the 12th and I’m now on lockdown for 3 weeks. We’ll get through this though! Praying for you and your family! <3

3 Likes

Yeah, Nomad, this is rough. Everything you’re saying is spot on. Connecting with others is so helpful for a healthy happy mind. When our lifestyles get upended like this it’s easy to think ‘why bother’. It’s in these times we really need to practice healthy mind actions because our minds don’t do well in isolation. Our minds aren’t really our best friend in times like this. We are left alone to listen to those shoulds, and demands and criticisms. But you are still you even during this time. Not drinking isn’t for your friends or work. It’s for you. You owe it to yourself because you are worth it. Keep doing the workarounds to connect that you’re doing, it may not be the same but every little bit helps. Add in some activities that will make you feel better. Exercise or meditation. It’ll sound corny but finding a way to love yourself will help combat some of those thoughts that are more self destructive. Typically they appear and feed on the belief that we don’t need to want more for ourselves. Stay strong. Keep active. Stay grounded.

3 Likes

Hey @NomadicWanderer we spoke about your topic on the HeartSupport Twitch stream today! Here’s the live video repsonse

Hold Fast!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the support everyone! :grinning: :heart:

2 Likes