Quarantine will be so much longer

The governor of New York said quarantine will be longer! When I’m not on this website, what am I supposed to do now that I’m stuck at home for the rest of the year?!

1 Like

Yea, the situation is frustrating, I know. Here in Europe, we’re also navigating in a lot of uncertainties. It’s the same for everyone. Though, we’ll make it through, friend.

What are you supposed to do? I mean, the responses has to be yours. It depends: how do you want to use your time? What is meaningful to you? Enjoyable? Do you have any activity you always wanted to try but never dared to? Do you have any hobbies? What about creating some healthy routines too? Maybe you could start by listing the things you wanna do. How to stay connected to others as well. List all the things that comes to your mind and see how it goes. See how you can create a schedule for yourself.

And if you need some help/ideas/inspirations, you can always have a look at the exercises and activities that were implemented on the SW - also the resources provided by HS to go through quarantine:

https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/about-the-lifestyle-category/13993/

https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/master-list-next-steps-for-your-mental-health/14240

Could be a good start.

I think, when we are in a situation filled by so much uncertainties, it’s okay to take it easy and think about going on day by day. Try not to project too much. At this point, you don’t know if you will be stuck at home for the rest of the year. But you know you will be at home tomorrow. So, what would you like to do tomorrow? Also, don’t forget: you’re not literally stuck at home. You can go outside a little and breathe some fresh air. You are allowed and really encouraged to do that. It’s important not to underestimate the impact of just going outside a bit everyday and feel the sun, the wind on your skin. :hrtlegolove:

I know it sucks to lack of perspective. It’s exhausting. I feel that too. Like everyone. But hang in there, okay? Try to just focus on really concrete and small things you can do everyday to take care of yourself. Physically and mentally. You’ll be okay. :hrtlegolove: