Questioning my sexuality

Hhh… back to questioning my sexuality. I realized I can’t get emotionally connected to men enough to really develop feelings for them (other than that one boy, which I’m starting to lose feelings for him since I don’t see him anymore), but I can get emotionally connected enough to develop feelings for women. Just earlier when I saw one of my managers at work (female) I felt something but I had to fight the feelings as she’s unavailable.

7 Likes

Hey @alexgamer_hameowlton

Thank you for posting, it takes a of trust to talk to people about this stuff.

Sexuality is something everyone struggles with at one point in their lives, I know I did for sure. Remember that everything you are experiencing right now should be looked at as a learning experience. Right now, you’re learning about yourself. About what you like and don’t like. So, just be patient with yourself and listen to your heart. Pay attention to how things make you feel emotionally and also physically. Don’t look at things you didn’t like as gross or think you are disgusting for anything consensual. You’re figuring things out, so be gentle with yourself. This takes some people a long time to figure out.

4 Likes

Thank you ^^ I’m kinda thinking I may be either bisexual or lesbian because of these feelings but I’m not sure. I just don’t have the connection to men as I do women, but I’ll keep trying to learn.

1 Like

Good, this can be a healthy experience if you let it.

3 Likes

Hi alexgamer_hameowlton Its ok to explore and discover what we like. There are many types of attraction an it is ok to take time to find yours. I will post a video that you might find helpful :wink: 10 Sexualities To Know About - YouTube

3 Likes

Hey Alex! This is likely to be a very powerful time for you made of a lot of growth. Questioning your identity is a new beginning that might open some doors to you, and lead you to feeling even happier. It might be a confusing time somehow, though doubts and uncertainty can produce a better of understanding of yourself, including your sexual and romantic orientation. For a long time, I’ve wondered myself if I was straight or not - unlike the idea I grew up with. I felt especially guilty for questioning that since I’ve been with my partner (a man) for 11yrs now. In the end, I’ve learned to understand not only that I wasn’t straight, but also that sexuality wasn’t a priority to me - 100% panromantic & genderfluid bean right here! All of this to say: there is something very positive in the questions you’re asking yourself. Keep following this path of introspection, follow your intuition, follow your heart (and stay safe of course!). Knowing yourself better is going to be one of the strongest backbone you would have in your life. So very proud of you for exploring those feelings that you were having, and taking the time to share about it here. I hope you get more and more answers that will bring peace and clarity to your heart. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Trust in your feelings friend. They will always guide you to what makes you happy. Focus on what makes you feel complete. I’m proud of you and I know you will make the right choice for you!

3 Likes

Hi alexgamer_hameowlton,

Thanks for taking your time to share with us this post on the forum.
It’s okay to get to know what you feel and how you feel and it’s very good to know who and what you’re interested in. Just keep going on with your life and go along with whatever happens. The more time you spend the more you get to know who you are and get more comfortable with yourself. You can do this :hrtlovefist: :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hello, new friend! There is so much more to human interactions than simply sexuality. There are other types of attraction and connections that you can have and feel for people. This is a website that generally talks about them but I encourage you to use it as a jumping off point to doing more of your own research. I was in my 20s before I learned that there is a very big but important difference between sexual and romantic attraction/orientation/identity. There are other types as well that the page mentions. Asexuality, Attraction, and Romantic Orientation - LGBTQ Center

I mention this because you talk about questioning your sexuality but then you talk about the emotional connection to people. Sexual attraction and emotional connection are very different things. Anyway I encourage you to look into this difference. It is possible you are bisexual but homoromantic or something else entirely.

And while I encourage you to try and find words that you feel connect to you so that you feel you can identify yourself I want to make sure you know that labels and words are not nearly as important as simply understanding yourself and trusting your instincts and desires. Just stay safe and try to be yourself, whatever and whoever that amazing person is or ends up being :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hi Friend, Thank you for your post, I have to say I cant relate entrirely with your story but from reading your post it made me think about how we connect to people in different ways and how easily it would be to question who we wanted to be with and in what way, ultimately all we ever want is to be with someone who wants us to be happy, accepts us for who we are and loves us as much as we love them and to that mind it doesnt matter who that person is or what lable that realtionship has but if there needs to be a lable then I understand the need to search and understand it. I have found a nice website that might be worth looking at. Ill share it under this post for you. I wish nothing but a wonderful relationship with the perfect partner for you. Much Love Lisa x

What to Do When You’re Questioning Your Sexuality (verywellmind.com)

2 Likes

Discovering our sexuality is a journey everyone goes on, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a complicated and stressful time for people. It’s absolutely fine that you’re questioning your sexuality and I hope that this is an opportunity for you to understand yourself better. Maybe consider if it is the personality of the person that allows you to have that emotional connection, as opposed to their gender. I don’t think people ever get a completely certain answer when questioning their sexuality, and your preferences may change over time. You don’t need to see this as something you need an immediate and definite answer to; it’s just the start of getting to know who you are.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.