Really Struggling, I Can’t Do It (tw: self harm)

I have been struggling a lot lately. My mental health is starting to decline again. I live with 5 major mental illnesses and self harm. I’ve been so triggered to self harm again. Cutting has been an issue for me for over 7 years. I feel so tempted to do it because it makes me feel better but then I have to deal with the after math and I’ve been really trying to get to 3 months clean. I just feel so emotionally unstable and anxious. I feel so drained emotionally. I feel so so lonely all the time. I don’t really have many friends. I feel so down about myself. I really struggle to reach out to people in my real life so I thought I’d just post on here. I don’t really know what the point of the post is. I guess I just feel really alone and sad.

4 Likes

I’m here anytime to talk. Try not to let it get the best of you.

3 Likes

Hey @GrungeGirl,

We see you. I promise, you’re not alone. I also see you on this forum pouring so much love and being so supportive. It’s healthy to slow down a little and ask for help when you need it as well. We’re here for you, willing to shoulder these burdens with you, just like you’re here for others.

You don’t have to know what you’re asking for in order to post here. There are times when we can’t identify our needs. But at least, we can share our heart, we can talk, and we can be heard. I’m proud of you for sharing this with us here, especially since it’s not always easy to do it. :hrtlegolove:

It sounds that things have been weighing on you for a long time now. Recovering from self-harm is, in itself, an intense journey. I rarely struggle with this personally, but I had my share of struggles with eating disorders, and in so many ways recovering from it was similar to healing from self-harm. It feels like an endurance race sometimes. You try to take it one day at a time, but with the memory and the pressure of all the days before that you managed to go through without hurting yourself. It’s tough, it’s intense, but it’s 100% worth it.

You are doing something wonderful and something good for yourself, friend. Healing is within your reach. One day at a time, always.

Sometimes approaching a milestone (like 3 months), can be stressful in itself, just because it pushes us to think about our own journey, our progress as well, yet sometimes it also creates some anxiety. Maybe this could have been a contributing factor in how you’ve been feeling lately? 3 months is a huge progress, friend. We’re so very proud of you for your strength, your resilience, your willingness to do what is good and healthy for yourself. This little voice in the back of your mind that tells you “why not doing it again?” can be very intense and convincing. But you’ve managed to resist against it many times, and you’ll keep being able to do it in the future. As long as you keep trying, as long as you keep taking care of yourself, you can only learn and grow stronger.

In case you feel alone sometimes, and if you didn’t know, HeartSupport is cross-platform and offers many times and opportunities to be with others and do life together. It’s not the same as being with someone physically, but it’s still a way to connect with people. It would be awesome to see you on the following places as well, if you’re willing to:

You are loved dearly. If you can, do something for yourself today. Even something very small. It will still be a step forward. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.