Really struggling

Really struggling this week especially today . Been going through a lot with lots of loss and just trying to figure out what I am going to do with the rest of my life as I am in mid 20s . Still living at home which makes me feel like a failure. Home has never been a good place but rather toxic . It takes a toll on my mental health, but staying there is my only option. Idk how much I can handle with that , with grief and even the unknown of the future. I feel helpless , unloved and unseen because of my home life. People always say it will get better but I have been going through this stuff for the past two years years and I feel like this is all my live will ever be. There is no change . It makes me question why is is it gonna be worth it to keep on going if things won’t get better . I am tired and weary . I just want a fresh start and make my life my own . I want life to be good again but haven’t seen it in a while . Will it actually get better . I feel lost , confused and alone

7 Likes

I’m so sorry. I wish I could give you a hug and a safe place, where you feel at peace. In our current economy, it really is hard to gain independence. You might be surprised at how many adults continue to live with their parents. Being forced to live in such circumstances has nothing to do with being a failure. Odds are pretty good that if your parents were young adults now, they would be living with your grandparents.

It sounds like you’re probably in a rut, with each day being virtually identical to the previous one. The options you may choose might seem limited, but there are always others. You may not have the immediate ability to enjoy financial independence, but what if you started an exercise routine, or began studying a subject of interest? Is it possible to do some volunteer work? Can you do something for fun that you haven’t done for a while? Besides chores and yardwork, my primary escape is reading.

I want your life to be good too. I hope it gets better for you, Wings

3 Likes

Hi Carseaj,
thank you for reaching out and sharing your worries and toughts.
Living home with your parents doesn’t make you a failure, many adults do that. Sorry to hear you
had to deal with a lot of loss, this is hard.
If you would like to change your life, start with it. Start with yourself.
Only if you really want it, and you take action towards, then it will happen. Give it time and start with
little things, small steps you build in, some new routines or new hobbies. Explore things that you like, go
for a little walk once a day, start an exercise like Wings said, this are small steps but if you do it every
day you will see progress. Not only physically also mentally. I also read a lot.
I hope you have a nice day my friend, feel hugged,
Greetings

2 Likes

Hello there,

I want to start off by saying that you are being seen and heard right now. I am so sorry for all of the things you are feeling right now. Is there any way that you can change your environment or at least start looking for ways to change things up?

Take things one day at a time. Let yourself find moments of rest and joy.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hi Friend, Thank you for your post, I seems like you have had some time to to really think about your situation and how it is making you feel and you sound genuinely frustrated and tired by everything. Its hard to find ways to offer inspiration to a person if you dont really know them but I can tell you that if you are searching for a place to be seen and heard you have certainly found the right place. I wondered if you had ever been to one of our twitch streams? they happen a couple of times a week and thought it might help to help you find inspiration of your own to begin to make changes in your life? of course any changes take time especially right now with the way the world is but that shouldnt put you off, you are still so young and have a long life ahead of you, many many people a lot older than you start over in life and make good of themselves. Please belive me when I tell you that you are not by any means a failure. Life is a long road with all the twists and turns and lots of bumps sometimes it runs beautifully smoothy and sometimes you hit some big old pot holes but I do believe all in all you get to your destination and hopfully its where you planned on going even if you make a few wrong turns along the way. I guess the point is to try and enjoy the ride. We are always here for you to help with that. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. x

2 Likes

Hi Carseaj,

I’m so sorry you’ve found yourself in this place; being tired and weary all the time is in itself exhausting, so it’s a vicious cycle.

I completely understand how you feel about living at home. I’m a similar age to you and I still live with my Mum. When I’m at a low point, I feel the same as you about it, but in a more lucid frame of mind, moving out at a certain age is just something we’re told is right. It doesn’t actually have any meaning or value to move out at a particular age, and different people travel through this world in their own way. The fact that you find your home toxic though is more concerning and I’m sure that’s not helping how you’re feeling generally. It’s difficult without knowing about your situation what the possibilies are for you; extended family, friends etc that you could live with. What I would say though is that change doesn’t have to be sudden. You want change in your life and I totally agree that change can help, but change can be gradual; little steps in your chosen direction of travel. Find what’s most important to you to change, and make small changes to that goal; whether that’s moving out, changing job, changing your routine.

Your life can change and you will get there. Stay strong. x

2 Likes

I know about the streams and downloaded discord but I couldn’t figure out it works . Always wanted to but never understood how . I think that is one of things that doesn’t help me is I don’t really have a community back home . I still have college friends that live super far away but they are all graduated like me trying to figure out life . I work at a restaurant . Which is very stressful and toxic . Then I go to church and if I don’t have that then I am alone dealing with the toxicity of family that destroys me and makes me feel awful. That is what my life consists of and I hate it . Go to work and it is toxic . Church is alright but my family makes me feel guilty about it . then at home I just deal with the toxicity. It just awful and makes me hate the life I am living . It makes not want to live because what is the point

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.