Reflecting on progress and still growing

Hello all. It’s been around 2 or 3 years since I was last active on the support wall. Looking back, I realize the reason for the break was that I needed to focus more on my own struggles, and frankly because I was not emotionally mature enough to juggle my personal difficulties in life, as well as offer good encouragement to others.
Since returning, I feel as through I’ve gained a lot more emotional maturity, I know when I need to set a boundary and step away from a potentially triggering conversation, and I feel like I am in a much healthier headspace where I can offer encouragement to fellow support wall members.
In the timespan of those 2-3 years, I was (and still am) attending therapy, I ended an increasingly toxic friendship with a person who I had known since 1st grade, and I found another good, solid community of some pretty amazing humans.
Of course, I still struggle at times and my healing journey has been anything but linear. However, I am very proud of myself for how far I’ve come, and I have a lot more growing to do, mentally and emotionally.
Thank you for reading thus far, friend. In case you need to hear it, you are not selfish for celebrating your progress. Whether you have been on the journey towards healing for 1 day, a month, or multiple years like me, you are worthy and deserving of healing & celebration. I am so proud of you. Hold fast.

11 Likes

Lovely to meet you! Thank you for such a great progress post! It is motivating and heartwarming to hear that you took some big steps for your mental health.
Looking forward to hearing your wisdom and insight here :slight_smile:

I’m proud of you too!

3 Likes

Welcome back! I love postings such as yours. I appreciate your willingness to share your experience and reach out to others.

2 Likes

This is so cool to see.

Thank you for being so vulnerable with us here.

One thing I’ve found is that progress never goes how one expects - at least, for myself and my own circumstances. It tends to “exponentially” rise, if you will.

You’re kicking butt, don’t let self-doubt pull you down, friend.

Hold fast and godspeed.

2 Likes

I had a tear in my eye while I read this. What an amazing and inspiring human you are. I am so happy that you’ve had the courage and strength to change the direction of your life. I am amazingly proud of you and I wish you happiness in your new future.

3 Likes

Hi Friend, Firstly thank you so very much for coming back and letting us know how much you have progressed and just how far you can go if you put your heart and mind to it. Your post has brought a huge light to the wall, a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart and I am so grateful for you. I understand that there are still days that there are struggles but I think maybe those days make the good one look even better. You are an inspiration to many and its wonderful, thank you again. I hope to see you around more. Much Love Lisa. x
If you would like to join our discord please use this link, we would love to see you.

1 Like

Hi @phantommessengers
I am glad you have returned. It seems like you have done a lot of thinking and maturing. I am looking forward to seeing you post and reply and share your journey with us. If you ever feel like doing more, joining swat is always an option. Its up to you though. Let me wish you luck on your journey. :wink:

1 Like

This is such a wonderful post and frankly it makes me feel great. I’m so very proud of you and how far you have come along in your life! Life is truly an amazing journey and we are all blessed to be apart of it! May the healing light fill you full of love and happiness my friend, and keep you headed in the right path on your journey!!

2 Likes

Hey Friend Welcome back and thank you for your awesome message! I’m so happy that you have found healing from your struggles and it’s awesome that you’ve come here to share and help support others. Be sure to join our discord if you haven’t already, I know the link is above for you. We have groups that get together and pick topics like yours to respond to and support. If you’re interest you can check that out too. ~Mystrose

1 Like

Welcome back, phantommessangers! This is such a wonderful post to read. I am so happy about your progress in life and that things have been going well. You are a true inspiration and a wonderful human. And it is wonderful that now that you feel like you are in a good place you want to help those on here who are not. That makes you an even more wonderful person. I hope to see you around here and on Discord if you choose to join :hrtlegolove: :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hi phantommessengers,

Welcome back to the forum! It’s very nice that you’re living a better life and making progress. It really makes me happy how people can change so much and turn into such a happier person. Feel free to join the Discord server where we answer posts too, we’ll be welcoming you with open arms! :hrtlegolove:

1 Like