Reinventing myself

i tried to move back to my home town in New York 12 hours away from my family and I hit rock bottom, so I decided to move back with them and reinvent myself and let my past go, I cant keep living in the past I am not the same helpless kid i was back then. I am no longer a victume, i have to move on and let these wounds heal. but doing so I feel like I am out growing my friends and girlfriend and I’m not putting up with as much bullshit as I use to. I don’t know what to do or how to talk to them about it or if I should wait and see if things change more since its only been a few weeks since i started. any advice or encouragement would be great.
lost

3 Likes

Hey

I moved out and lived alone for 3 or so years, I had a lot of mental issues and it dragged me down hill very fast, I went on an overseas trip and had to move back in with my parents. After I returned from that trip my parents noted how much I had changed and how different I acted, I thank God for the work He did in me and how He really changed my attitude and outlook on life. In light of that I would encourage you to look at the positives and to get to know God better and watch Him do something amazing in your life. If you don’t believe in God then look at the positives and focus on the progress you make and don’t look back or long for the old life again, and maybe give God a chance.

1 Like

Hey friend,

You’re right: you’re not the kid you were and you’re not a victim anymore. :hrtlegolove: You are now learning to restore your own soul, to give yourself the love and compassion you deserve - and always deserved. It goes along with making the right decisions for yourself. Moving to New-York was a unique experience and it sounds that it was needed at the moment. I hope you’re not disappointed for your decision. Indeed, maybe it’s a matter of time and you can see how it goes in the next couple of days, or weeks. Nothing is written already and it’s still up to you to decide. But you can already be proud of yourself for thinking about your well-being. “Reinventing yourself” is a very powerful statement. It shows your strength.

It’s not easy to move on from a painful past. Sometimes it feels like it’s running after us, no matter how much we try to avoid it. And sometimes, it’s just difficult not to ruminate and grieve the opportunities that we missed. I personally felt so many times that I was trapped in my own past. That it will be impossible to move on and to stop being afraid to live. But I also realized how much being surrounded - and supported - by the right people is important. It’s really positive if you’re willing to discuss with your friends and your girlfriend about what’s going on. May sound cliché to say this, but the best way to let them know what matters to you is to follow your heart and intuition. Words will come naturally. There’s no doubt you care about them and want to make the right decision. Reaching out is a first step. And I hope they’ll support you through all of this.

No matter what changes may happen in your life, we’re here to support you as well. Anytime.
Take care. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

thank you guys for the support and advice it is always great to have others here for you and outside eyes to give you a different view on things. i will keep you guys posted on whats going on. @Micro I am going to reach out to my gf and friends and tell them whats going on and take your advice the hardest part is they live in my home town in NY and i am currently 12 hours away and id rather talk face to face but i guess video chat will have to work.
lost

1 Like