Remembering bad things (TW: Assault Related)

I keep remembering back to times I dont want to think about or remember. Back when I was ten or eleven, a person I used to play Minecraft with tricked me into thinking he was younger than he was told me he wanted to rape me. I was so scared. It has left me deeply scarred and traumatized. I just wanna forget what he has done to me. A similar thing like this happened again except another friend told me he wanted to nail me to a cross and burn me alive. I just wanna forget. Please…help…

3 Likes

Hey Sniffbork

Man, friend I am so sorry that you have been hurt by someone like this. Nobody should ever have to face with that kind of thing. It sucks when people lie about who they are and it sucks when people invade our body. Even if just through words.

I hope that these people are now blocked and that you never associate with them again.

It’s so hard to heal past these kinds of experiences. Just know that we love and care for you. That you do not have to battle these thoughts by yourself.

Do you think maybe it would be worth reaching out to a therapist or hotline where someone professional can help you work through these things? We as a community can love you, support you, encourage you, but I hope that if these things become a concern for you that you will reach out to someone who can help you work through this healing process.

This is a place that you can reach out to. There is a 7 day FREE trial that you can take advantage of. You can talk to a therapist through texting or schedule a voice chat. I encourage you to use this if things get to rough.

Stay strong my friend.
:hrtlegolove:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been violated and hurt by these people. Those are terrible and hard things to hear from people that you know and It’s very understandable for you be feel scared and be pained by those interactions. For me, talking to people about the people and traumas that have effected me helped ease the tension around how it felt. I don’t know if these things have been a secret for you or not, but if they are then try opening up to loved ones and people that you know you can trust. Talking about it will help to get it out and process through it. Thank you for sharing these things on here with us and I hope that it helped to get it out there and write it down. Therapy is another great option for processing events. Therapy helped me immensely in my elevated emotions around a traumatic incident. While you won’t be able to completely forget these things, it is definitely possible for you to feel some relief from the mountain of pain and trauma around these memories.