RocquetMan Fan #4

I feel like I only have friends because of what I give and not for who I am, I feel my “friends” take advantage of me. Now that we are in quarantine, none of them talk to me. I always seem to give so much and get nothing back, but I’d rather have fake friends and pay for it than to be lonely and not pay. What should I do?

1 Like

you should tell them if they dont care and want to take avantage of you they can walk out the door called friendship and you can find friends who are real and true i wouldnt pay their way

ive got ppl whove done the same to me years ago and i found i was done being used so i told the fake friends bye and havent talked them since

it sounds like youre in a perfect place to explor new communities and realtionships. I have found its hard to find your value after years of giving and giving till you feel you have nothing left to offer but monitary things. However, you are so much more than that and those who value you how i hope you someday value yourself with offer the same love in return that you offer them <3 Much love.

First of all I want to start off by saying I completely understand what you’re feeling right now. Ever since quarantine started it’s seemed as if my friends that I’ve always taken the time to reach out to and check up on have fallen off the face of the earth, unless they need something from me, it’s crazy. And yet I still feel the need to message them and continue making sure they’re okay.

It’s a really conflicting feeling to want to reach out to people and continue giving and giving, even though you know in your heart that at the end of the day they probably wouldn’t do the same for you. Remember that the fact that you’re even taking the time to reach out to these people and essentially be the bigger person says a lot about your character and it also shows how big of a heart you have.

What I’ve had the time to learn and realize during these times that I can share with you is that those people are simply not worth your time, and that’s a very hard pill to swallow but as soon as you make the decision to cut those people out, you will feel so much better. Remember that even though your IRL friends are not there for you the way you’d like them to be - you have tons of people in this community that are ready and willing to jump in and support you, talk to you, be a shoulder to lean on etc. You name it! You are not alone <3

i have learned who my real friends are but its taken years of work gettind the real friends in my life and ive had my own family members do the same and sadly ive had to cut them out of my life im not happy i had to but im no longer paying their way and life is easier

Quote from Robin Williams “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.

i have felt like that too but what i really found that helped was opening up to them about things i was struggling with and they felt comfortable to do the same after i did too. we learned a lot about each other and ended up becoming closer. but that doesnt always happen sometimes the person wont understand and you have to find other people that understand you and arent working against you

ppl should be thinking about how they can help eachother not hurt each other

Don’t feel lonely my friend, the entire universe is inside you. You have so much to give and have so much purpose and meaning within in. I believe in you always.

Try making some new friends online. There are Zoom Socials (City Socializer, Meet-Up, etc.)

They do not sound like real friends if they left you alone during the quarantine. As difficult as this may sound, it’s time to make new friends. I know… easier said than done right now but you shouldn’t have to ‘buy’ people’s attention. That’s not friendship. I’m sorry you are going thru this. You are not alone… Hang in there. Soon we will be past this and you will be out and can meet some great peeps like the ones here giving you real support and love :heart: