Rough Start To The Morning

As per usual, it seems today is going to be another rough one. I barely get any sleep anymore because of my racing thoughts. My mind just won’t shut off, and even if it does its not for long. I’m just mentally and physically exhausted of all this bullshit that I’m going through right now. I just want to have a regular sleep schedule again. When I don’t get enough sleep, I turn into quite a different person and end up regretting things that I may say. I just don’t get why my body doesn’t get tired anymore. Well, obviously it does, but not until like 6 or 7am my time. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

3 Likes

Sage, friend, I’m so sorry. Sleep struggles are the WORST. It affects so much of our ability to thrive during the day. Lately I’ve been struggling with the opposite… feeling too tired, drained, and sleeping way too much as a result. Not mentioning the need to sleep my feelings away with naps… It just sucks. My heart goes out to you so much. Whether it’s too much or not enough, the balance to find with sleeping can be so hard. Sigh.

Do you have the possibility at all to talk about it with a doctor?

Please give yourself some grace for when you see yourself becoming someone you’re not because of your tiredness. Of course, we are still accountable for what we say and do. But there’s a context too. And it really, really makes sense to feel more on edge in these circumstances. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hi @SageTheSpirit

There are medical conditions that cause this, so it might be a good idea to have your doctor give you a once over. Have you tried mediation or any type of exercise that helps you relax? Do you drink caffeine too late in the day? Do you eat before you go to bed? Do you give yourself time to unwind after work if you work? Do you play video games right before bed?

Their are a lot of things that can be preventing you from sleeping, but there are many things you can do to help relax yourself so you can sleep.

As far as your mind racing, don’t fight it. Get a piece of paper out and write down your thoughts, put some music on to sing with, watch a movie you love, play with your pet if you have one, call a friend. Try to distract yourself.

Something you can look into is Mindfullness. It’s been a lifesaver for me, I’ll put the site here for you to check out if you’re interested. Hope it helps :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.