Running out of things to say

There are a lot of people posting on heartsupport. I wish I can help, but I have run out of things to say! I used to have good replies to posts, but now I can only think of something like, “I know how you feel.” But I always stop myself before posting that because I DON’T know how he/she feels! The only thing I can relate to are the posts about social anxiety. I’m just a normal person trying to help people less fortunate than me, but if I don’t know what to say, I can’t help anyone!

2 Likes

@yourtherapist

It’s okay. You know, being honest about that is - in my opinion - a mark of respect. It’s okay if you don’t know what to reply. If you don’t find the words. If you feel like you need to set boundaries for yourself sometimes. Replying here has to be done willingfully, without any pressure on your shoulders. And you know, sometimes just saying “I don’t know what to say but I see you” is already a lot. Sometimes, just “liking” a post is already a lot.

Of course, everyone’s experience is different. You will never be able to pretend to know what someone is going through exactly. There is a need for humility here. But it doesn’t prevent us, as human beings, to show our empathy and make some connections - if possible - with our own experiences. It’s also how we feel less alone during difficult times.

You’re already helping a lot, just by being here. Just by being you.
And you don’t have to actively help others to be in this community. You just have to be you. :hrtlegolove:
So, I hope you will let go of the possible worries related to this statement “I don’t know what to say”, because it’s 100% okay to be in this position, and it’s 100% to say it.

Hold fast. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

I don’t respond to the posts I can’t relate to, and that’s okay. I wish I could help everyone though their suffering, but there are just some things I don’t understand. I’m not leaving behind any slack on this wall though. There are plenty of people that can relate to some posts better than I can, and they provide genuine heartfelt support and practical advice I just can’t. This forum is a community where all members have the opportunity to support each other. No one person has to singlehandedly save every other person on here, because nobody can. You’re offering what you can and contributing to something bigger than yourself, and that is enough!

3 Likes

Your empathy shines through. You don’t need to carry the weight of wanting to reply to every post on your shoulders. It’s ok to know when you can’t relate to a situation. That’s why we have such a large, supportive community. <3 Hopefully the right people with find the posts they were meant to respond to. Keep being your authentic self and replying when you feel comfortable. Also it’s ok to take a break and rest too. You’ve gotta keep yourself filled up before you can pour into others. I love your heart for wanting to help everyone though.

3 Likes

I guess don’t reply, The right person will come along at the right time ma man.

1 Like