savage_sheehan_Fans Content #497

This topic is from INSTAGRAM where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

View media here: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.29350-15/326352344_1184466449108249_8158536552027007405_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8ae9d6&_nc_ohc=cXylrTmOfj0AX-wwkVn&_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com&edm=AL-3X8kEAAAA&oh=00_AfD986r-RDRIUr7ayFk-mmLNo7MYWSbe_Zw9Ur3TJBuTYA&oe=63D6CF3F

After I got out of the military I developed PTSD, and an alcohol addiction to ‘cope’. For years of my life I had intrusive thoughts from PTSD, that I would then obsess over because of my OCD and to cope I attempted to drown my demons in alcohol. For a while it kind of worked, until those bastards became Olympic swimmers. I was blacking out every night just so I could fall asleep. I didn’t want to die but I didn’t want to live either. Stuck, isolated, and alone.

I’ll never forget the day I walked out of a church and called the Wounded Warrior Project asking for help because suicide started sounding less like a bad idea and more like a relief. I was so hopeful when they said they could assign me a counselor, but furious when they mentioned she wasn’t military. Immediately I thought wtf would she know about shit??! I laugh as I write this bc that woman saved my life.

For me, it isn’t just one subject like my old eating disorders, suicidal thoughts, or my nightmares, my depression, my drinking, my loneliness, the anxiety, my OCD, my loss of identity + purpose—I NEEDED to talk about all of it. Notice I didn’t say wanted to. Sometimes you NEED to reach out and share your experiences in order to heal. If you’re waiting for a sign, THIS IS IT. It’s time.

And it doesn’t have to be a therapist- you can reach out and receive support right now.

Have you ever felt stuck? Feeling like something has to change but you don’t know what or how to change it?

Ask any mental health question you might have below in the comments by tagging heartsupport and they will respond with support. Prefer something more private? Send them a dm!

No need for shame, just a desire to get better. Free help is available at your fingertips, and we all need it.

heartsupportvets heartsupportwall heartsupportwall2 heartsupportwall3 heartsupportwall4

#mondaymotivation #mentalhealth #askforhelp #suicideprevention #military #veteran #militarywoman #mentalhealthmatters #healing #therapy #ptsd #pts #ocd #militaryhelp #healingjourney #youarenotalone #leadwithlove #talkaboutit #healing #22aday #youareworthy #youarewhatyouthink

1 Like

God bless you doll=======

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:============

Hey darling hope you are well. :muscle:t5::heart:

Thank you for your story. I too connected with the WWP (hence how we meant). I was also going down a dark road but had a smile on my face every day. My relationship with my family and my kids were affected. It’s been my honor to know you and your writings have been inspirational.

1 Like

You are leading by example! Thank you for your transparency and willingness to share your story!

Be strong, you’ve got this. You are beautiful :fire:

:clap::clap::raised_hands::raised_hands:=====================

You are, and always will be a true inspiration and model for resilience. PTSD is real and the things that come with it are just as scary. I’ve fallen back into the gambit recently but working to be resilient. Thank you for being you!

1 Like

Rock on sister…. Keep sharing your story… and btw… way to go!!!

1 Like

Love ur tattoos==========

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart:===================

1 Like

:heart: and still we rise.====

1 Like

You’re such an inspiration, keep doing you :slight_smile: so proud of you​:hugs::blush:

1 Like

:heart:=======================

1 Like

We are thankful and grateful for you being here. Your dedication to woking on yourself and sharing your stories. We all have them, time to start sharing and moving forward.

1 Like

:muscle:t2::muscle:t2: good for you========

1 Like

I don’t know you from a hole in the wall, but many are struggling with the same thing - I just happen to be a supportive spouse on the other side of the table from someone going through something similar. It’s tough, but your posts are important and somewhere out there I hope others are keeping the faith as well and get the support/care they need. Keep it up!

1 Like

You had a deeper purpose in front of you. Helping others who may not be as strong.

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::heart:====================

1 Like