Scammed Thinking I Was Too Smart

I don’t know how to tag kitboga, I’m new to this site but I’ve come here because of home. I’ve been scammed, after years of watching scam baiting and things of the like, I got scammed. I tried to pay my student loans off early and I was asked about a side job in the adult film industry that would make a good amount of money. Unfortunately, I kept paying members fees and other things and realized it wasn’t as easy as it seemed. I spent 10,000$ on the fees for myself and the actress I was talking with (from tinder of course…). Some fees were to be an actor, some were hotels and wardrobe, and some were for editors fees. That was 8000$ but another 2000$ needed to be paid for a loan the actress took out to pay bills while looking for an actor. So I paid the 2000$. After, they had told me they’d have a client send ME money, since their cash app/Venmo we’re down (now this seems obvious why…). They then asked me to send it to them, and my accounts were shut down. A month goes by and I say I want out after this. They ask for 3000 in refund processing fees and 3000 in PayPal fees… But ask for me to do it through cash app and say I’ll get the full 16000$ back. I did this, not realizing how “too good to be true” it was. Now they ask for 700$ minimum after I said I can’t pay another 1000$. I’m broke and ruined. They say it needs to be paid by December 31 and I feel like I took all my savings and everything I ever earned an threw it away. I feel worthless and stupid after spending so many years thinking I was immune to a scam. I have 100,000$ in student loans that I was trying to pay off quicker and I put myself 16,000$ deeper in debt doing it. I feel so dumb and stupid and idk what to do at all. I’ve called some fraud lawyers in the area but it’s such an embarrassing story (losing that much money, being part of the adult film industry, the fact that it feels like I was greedy when I was just trying to make up for the fact that my parents couldn’t pay for my college like everyone else I know). I started poor and I’ll eventually get out of it… But my life would’ve been much easier if I didn’t send that 16k.

Edit: tagging @Kitboga thanks to a comment!

9 Likes

hi there, i see that there’s a Kit tag. @Kitboga
Maybe you can try that for him!

There’s is nothing to be ashamed of, the scammers took advantage of you. so sorry that you lost so much when things are already tight financially. Your mistakes don’t define you, please dont let this affect how you see yourself. You tried to better your life circumstances and it didnt work out. Hoping that you can get back some of it, if not, hoping you can forgive yourself for it and look forward to the future and things getting better. You matter.

5 Likes

@Shikull Hey friend, thanks for posting, welcome to heartsupport, I see that @Sita has linked your post to kit so I dont need to do that. I am so sorry that this happened to you. Its so very sad that there are people out there that will take advantage of others just because they want to better themselves. I know we all hope to learn and we do from watching Kit and other scambaiters and hope that we will never get taken in but in that moment when we think someone is helping us sometimes as kind people we believe that they too are being kind and sadly its human nature to do that.
As @Sita says your story is happening to many others and you have noting to be ahamed of. I just hope this has not affected you belief in human kind too much.
I hope that you can get your life back on track and have the success you long for.
Much Love
Lisa :heart:

4 Likes

Hey @Shikull,

Maybe I’ll be able to talk about this on stream tonight but if not wanted to try to at least respond here!
I’m so sorry to hear someone scammed you. No one deserves that, and it’s not your fault.

I think sometimes the embarrassment comes from thinking we “should have known better” or that we’re the only ones who would have gone through this sorta thing, but you’re certainly not alone. The stresses of paying off student loans, or trying to navigate a potentially sketchy situation are complex and happens to a lot of people.

I’d echo what @Sita said in that your mistakes don’t define you. There is plenty of life ahead / adventures for you to go on, and you’re even better equipped to handle what life throws your way next.

Something else I’d add is that your story can help others be aware of this kind of scam and maybe help protect them from a similar situation.

Love, Kit

6 Likes

There are moments in life where we want to see the good in people and want to believe that they want to do good. You shouldn’t have been treated this way. You are a valuable person & you wanted this to work. No one deserves to be treated the way you were treated.

Life has its ups and downs. I am truly sorry that this happened to you. I hope you have some good things headed your way. You are worthy, loved, strong, & enough. Thank you for having the courage to share with us, and allow us to encourage you as well as support you. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas & a very Happy New Year!

1 Like

Hey! I don’t know if youre on stream yet, but i just wanted to to know your situation is valid and its not your fault! It’s probably a really scary situation to be in, and I hope you can get your money back and if not you will get throught this eventually :3
-X

1 Like

I’m so sorry this happened to you, friend. Thank you for being brave and posting so that others can see and hopefully not be scammed.

1 Like

that sucks, now that you’ve experienced this though you can warn other people, we always have to pay attention to the good things, it’s not great that this happened, but knowing you’ve warned other people should give you some good feelings. i hope things start getting better soon, remember pay attention to the positive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.