Scared for my friend

My best friend is being restrained by the staff at my group home, saying she want’s to kill herself. this isn’t the first time she done this, she just got back from the hospital. what do I do? I feel like it’s my fault, cause I don’t get to spend very much time with her.

2 Likes

I want to begin this message by letting you know that I am sending you all of my love and support through this computer screen. Your friend feeling those really intense emotions that is causing her to want to hurt herself are not your fault. I am sorry that I cannot offer you much advice in your situation, not because of my lack of intent. Only because I am not able to experience what you are feeling right now. My only advice for you is that you love and take care of yourself because you are worth it. Also that you continue to love your friend because she worth it, too. Me, my cats, and the whole Universe loves you, trust you, and support you.

5 Likes

As @joccah said, this is not your fault. I hear and understand why you feel guilty and the regrets that you’re having right now. It’s really hard to see someone we love having a rough time and it makes sense to believe that it might be because what we did to support them wasn’t enough. But there is only so much we can do. We can love, support, encourage, but ultimately healing remains an individual process.

Your friends struggles are not your fault, Storm. It is obvious that you are a loving and caring friend to her and she’s certainly very grateful to have you by her side. I hope that she’s receiving proper help right now and will be able to face her own demons at her own pace. Right now, the situation is out of your control, but the love and care that your friend and you have for each other isn’t gone. It will keep being a strength to your friend during this difficult time, even with a distance. On your end, it’s also important to be kind to yourself and to take care of yourself. How you feel matters too. :hrtlegolove:

Be gentle with yourself, friend. I’m sending hugs to you. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hey Storm06! We posted a shorter version of your topic to our Support Wall at Houston’s LOUD Fest, and this is what people had to say to you!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.