Self-Inflicted Outcast

I’m constantly alone. I’m negative, depressed and easily angered. I generally don’t like my fellow man. I feel like human interactions are mostly based off of “give and take,” and I find it hard to believe there’s any real compassion anywhere. I realize that I’m projecting my inner cold heartedness onto others.

I don’t like most people. I’m in that point in life where people are already dying or they moved or got careers or family. Yet I still live alone and smoke weed and play video games all day. Between spending 6 years in jails and being constantly let down or disrespected by a society that generally does not want me, I have mostly given up with human interaction.

I would prefer to order McDonald’s or sheetz through a computer screen or go to the self checkout at walmart. What brings me here is that I realize that I have unrealistic expectations for the world around me and I just don’t let some things go. I’m stuck on pause and I’m just going nowhere. I’m sitting alone on another holiday, contemplating how undesirable a human being i am and thinking about other peoples’ happy realities. I guess I should be grateful for what I do have.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re spending the holidays alone, no one deserves to be alone, especially you. I think you have are really strong because you still want to look for the positive in your life and you have identified where your self doubt came from. Most people sugarcoat it because they aren’t brave enough to face their problems. I think this is proof that you can have a right mindset and you have what it takes to change your life for the better.

2 Likes