Self injury.. warning-triggered

One of my jobs is working as a chef. I’m at work right now, and I accidentally burned my arm on the grill. I’ve gone without self harm for approximately 4 months. And it hasn’t really been a craving…until now. Ughhh, why does pain feel so good sometimes?! I get really annoyed when everyday happenings trigger me. Anyway, just ranting and distracting myself I guess.
Hope you all are having a good day, stay safe out there.

P.s… does anyone else hate that we have to chose a category before we post??

-Eyeless

3 Likes

Hey Eyeless,

When you have a history with self harm and have turned to pain for comfort, I can see how something like that would cause your mind to think like that. Have you tried or considered working through ReWrite? When I relapsed last year, I started this book and it was a really healthy way for me to connect with why I do that and need to. Maybe this is something that could really help you reflect on that and how to help your mind not overly think on it if you fall into that place. Finding healthy ways to get out of it. <3

I have noticed the category thing… but I know that they are doing it for a reason and have a plan for it. You could always message @NateTriesAgain with your feedback.

Be gentle with yourself.

hugs

2 Likes

Hey friend!

So glad you posted! That is such a proactive step to preventing relapse. Take a moment to remember why you stopped harming, to remember how far you have come and to try any other coping mechanisms that can help. You’ve GOT THIS!

Sending love!

3 Likes

@EyelessDoll

Don’t beat yourself up. Forgive yourself. You will get better. This community and I believe in you. Keep fighting!

2 Likes

@anon17277947
Thanks for your suggestions and support. I have been sent the link to reWrite, but since procrastination rules my life, I haven’t ordered the book yet. Thanks for the reminder again, I’m putting it on my list of things to do TODAY.
{{Hugs back}}

-Eyeless

3 Likes

It’s a really great book! Both it and Dwarf Planet. And if you ever wanna talk about it as you work through it, DM me :hugs:

2 Likes

@taylor
It’s nice of you to reach out and show your support. Distraction and/or redirection can be really tough for me. Luckily it was a slow day at work and I was able to step outside for a bit to gather my thoughts.
I’ve been feeling much better today!

Sending love back.
-Eyeless

3 Likes

@AVJR
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I’ve been feeling much better today. And I made it through the burning incident without relapse! So I’m happy about that.
-Eyeless

3 Likes