Slowly I Am Moving Forward But Still

Its been 3 + years since my breakup with my ex fiancee and since my crazy stalker left me alone. I finally have been able to break free from a lot of bad and toxic people from my life and I feel I can finally live and breathe freely I don’t have negative people that bring me down.

But I don’t feel like my life has really changed as far as relationships are concerned,I’ve been able to keep the few friends that reminded loyal to me and never abandoned me and I’ve been able to make new friends and acquaintances along the way. I feel that I cannot relate to women anymore like I use to since my ordeal and what I went thru three years ago I feel there is a distrust even though I don’t want to generalize or categorize all women as being the same there are good women out there but something in the back of my mind tells me to be careful and have my guard up.

My therapist has told me that I’ve come a long way from where I was 3 + years ago and I’ve made a lot of progress and I am in a much better state of mind but as she tells me any relationship let it be romantic or platonic takes time to establish and as with any relationship there are risks but she gave me hope for a better life and the new Synagogue I’m attending is a positive and healthy congregation I feel the spirit of God is there and I see good things coming my way.

3 Likes

It’s good to see progress in your life…it’s good to feel you can look back and say, “Yes, I’m in a healthier spot than I was back then.” That’s great news man. It’s also okay that you’re not into the total degree of freedom that you wished that you were in…that’s totally okay too…it’s a process, and you continue to consent to the process, continue to move forward, continue to work towards healing through your faith and your therapist, and step by step you’re piecing it back together. It’s good that you recognize that all women are not bad, but that it was just that relationship that was not good. I’m curious for you what it would look like to exercise that belief so that it becomes what you actually believe and not just what you want to believe.

You are experiencing progress and that is amazing! Painful experiences always take time to heal from and it sounds like you have been actively taking steps to see healing and progress. I hope that you continue to see the positive changes in your life