Small update on my friend, i think

if you didn’t read my other post, which i don’t blame you for lmao it’s long, here’s a quick summary;
a very close internet friend of mine suddenly started behaving really weirdly and now no one can get a hold of her, really. she’s leaving all of us on read and the few times she has replied were extremely out of character and downright rude answers.

we contacted a few of her local friends, but two of them suddenly blocked us too. the other one doesn’t know what’s going on either, but could tell us that she’s at least alive and safe. my friend and her brothers apparently weren’t in school yesterday, which is uncharacteristic. but today at least her brother came back. her friend also promised us to talk to her as soon as she comes back to school.

It’s all just super strange. at first we theorised that her phone got taken away, though that doesn’t quite add up. but i suppose only time will tell. i’m just glad to know she’s alive and safe. we’re all very anxious and worried, but at the very least we have each other to rely on and comfort another as we wait.

4 Likes

Thank you for the update~

1 Like

Thank you for the update. I’m happy to hear that she is “alive and safe,” that’s a big relief. There could be a lot of different reasons for how she is behaving, let’s hope it’s nothing major.

1 Like

by the sounds of it your friend has been through some heavy loss. It’s probably not unusual for someone to withdraw in those circumstances, but you’re such a good friend and it’s so important that she has people like you who continue to reach out to her. Keep reminding her that you’re there for her. Glad to hear that she’s safe at the moment x

Hey Friend,

Thanks for giving an update on what’s going on.

Sounds like your friend was hit with a really big event and she could be trying to make sense of things on her own.

I’m proud of you and your friends for organizing some sort of reach outs to her and the people she is in close proximity with. That stuff goes a long way and I’m confident this person feels your love.

If you think this person is going through some really hard times and may even act in a negative manner (self harm, harming someone else) reach out to the people you already have and let them know that you’re there for her, to give them/her resources in case of a crisis, etc.

I also want to add that because you’re not physically located near her and may not be able to give that level of support that it’s important to keep in mind that no matter what happens, you did the best you could. That anything they may do is not your fault.

Hang in there and keep us posted on what’s going on.

Proud of you.